Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Here at last
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day to all !

I Finally got in this nice discovery RP universe...So, the usual newbie apologies for it took some few hours to get used (and actually totaly discover) RP playing, console use ect...Sorry for those i migth have wrong in this learning process, beguining aren't always easy.

Well, I'm what you call your usual 'wake up and get to work' trader, for all kind of commodities. Got the wife and kids, need a steady job now. A nice cold beer stuck on the side of the console, a half smoked cigarette in the ashtray (those this guy from Cryex sold me, he said that **** is gonna kill me...) a Frank Zappa Album playing in the background and a dozy cat on the co-pilot seat is mostly how you gonna find me, going from A to B.

Originally from France, i was flabergasted when i found Gap station in the Gallic system, for it is exactly where I stand and where i was born. I am sure that more people know about this place in the universe through Discovery than through our famous cooking or the shere bioutilfoulness of the place. Mais oui.

Have some (few) questions thou :

I have not choose a faction yet, is that an obligation ? When is it suitable to do so ? Can i have several ships (is there like a parking place of some sort) ? If i bend (or break) inside rules like the tech chart, border control legalisation ect..will i get just political inside problem or real server Administration problem ?

Wow...easy there. That'll do for the moment !

Thanks for those who will take the time to point me in the right direction, I see you all in space.

Good spirit, better wine and a blessing on your wings...

Welcome to the disco!
Quote:I have not choose a faction yet, is that an obligation ? When is it suitable to do so ? Can i have several ships (is there like a parking place of some sort) ? If i bend (or break) inside rules like the tech chart, border control legalisation ect..will i get just political inside problem or real server Administration problem ?

no, you can fly around as an indie for as long as you like. in fact, the longer the better! explore all the wonderful new systems, meet interesting people and <strike>kill</strike> role play with them

you can have 5 characters per account. if you download the account manager, you can have infinite numbers of accounts, but you may find that 2 or 3 accounts (giving you up to 15 ships) will be enough

for tech issues, pay attention to the colour of the cells. green is ok, white is ask permission, red is a no-no.

if you are caught with white celled equipment on your ship without faction permission, there will be political repercussions.

but if you are caught with red cell tech on your ship, the admins can remove it, along with credits and cargo
Hello there new friend of Discovery,
make sure you have read the rules before you go out
to explore the vast universe of Sirius...Have fun.

In addition, you might want to click on the red text in my signature. ;)

See you out there!

Greetings and welcome to the <strike>madhouse</strike>, err, the Discovery GC server!
As you said, make sure you're familiar with the rules - but noone understands ALL the rules or the politics of factions right away. I've been here two years and I'm still learning. Your best bet is to be careful.

One of the tools that will help you vastly, will be to brows the sanctions threads HERE to see what mistakes others have made, and hopefully then to avoid them yourself.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to /pm me, here, or in-game. I always have time for honest questions.

Tim Finnegan,
Captain, Finnegan's.Wake
(also Dropkick.Murphy)

p.s. Zappa rocks. it takes a certain type of person to appreciate it, I look forward to meeting you.
Yo

Welcome
' Wrote:p.s. Zappa rocks. it takes a certain type of person to appreciate it, I look forward to meeting you.

Yes it does rocks and takes a certain "inside disturbance" to appreciate. I'll check you out, my Scottish friend...

Furthemore, did you know that the entire FZ discography takes more than a full week to be played, night and day ? Hit the "play" button, start the engines...and never stop.
Welcome,

And don't drink to much alcohol while being in Liberty,
It could result into a fine.;)

Stick to the rules and have fun in playing this 'Game'

Hi I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group.

"All your children are poor, unfortunate victims of lies you believe. A plague upon your ignorance that keeps the young from the truth they deserve."

*smiles, while holding Baby Snakes in Joe's Garage and standing in the Yellow Snow*
Hey JhC Pacificator - We already meet in space, I wish You luck and if You need something just ask or say anything, there is plenty people who will help You.
' Wrote:Hey JhC Pacificator - We already meet in space, I wish You luck and if You need something just ask or say anything, there is plenty people who will help You.

Hello Anomander !

This... : "Sorry for those i migth have wrong in this learning process, beguining aren't always easy."

was manily for you, and those Corsair dudes I accidently join with.

Glad to see you stoped by to say hello.

Now you know, if I ever run away again, it'll be on purpose ! Arf, only jocking of course....

See you in space, a blessing on your wings.

Pages: 1 2