Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Event Synopsis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Over the next 3 to 4 weeks the Colonial Remnant will be away from their home system playing some scenarios based on a story being developed in Children of the Pantheon In this topic we will explain in plain terms the behaviors and actions we intend to take. Everyone is welcome to comment and ask questions.

[Image: screen42.jpg]

The appearance of Cylons in the Sirius sector is now coupled evidence of Cylon tampering with sensitive technologies. Most disturbing of these discoveries are altered nanobots. First found on transport ships traveling through the Omegas, these sentient and malicious nanobots are the reasons the Colonials are motivated enough to leave their home system of Tau-44 virtually undefended. While their friends in the Independant Miner's Guild safeguard their homes and families, the Colonial Fleet will attempt to trace these infected nanobots to their source and eradicate them.

There will be approximately 4 separate fleet movements during this event. Each time they move they will operate in a predetermined zone of influence. We will purposely overlap these zones with those of other factions to create opportunities for interaction. For the first two movements, all =CR= ships will harbor their ships on one IMG base. For the final two movements we might use a Zoner base.

We have 4 seperate operations planned for each movement to be executed simultaneously.

1)Nanobot screening. Colonial warships and vipers will be intercepting as many ships as they can searching for tainted autonomous nanobots. Vessels with affiliations or IDs showing as friendly to nuetral to the IMG will be the primary targets of this operation. Hostile ships will simply be destroyed on sight. Passing vessels will be asked politely to halt for a 'safety inspection' (we don't want to raise a panic by telling the whole system there are little malicious robots aboard their ship ready to fly them into a heavily populated planet somewhere...) If tainted bots are found, the Colonials have developed a way of safely extracting the nanos from their systems, (players would be asked to jettison all their bots for analysis then destruction.)

If a player should choose to be uncooperative, Remnant forces have been authorized to use any means necessary to ensure the infected ship doesn't spread it's problems elsewhere in Sirius. This includes using cruise disruptors, disrupting trade lanes, disabling sheilds and property destruction. Each uncooperative player will be given one warning and then an order to abandon ship before property destruction. Search and Rescue teams will be standing by to recover escape pods and ejection seated survivers if property destruction occurs. Ship owners will be compensated financially for their loss out of a liability account serviced by Colonial Credit Union.

2)Cylon Victim recovery and compensation. We realise that there will be times when a ship is so thoroughly infected that it's captain has lost all control over it's systems. In these cases we see no alternative but to destroy the ship before it is turned into a weapon. We pray to all of our gods that no innocents are lost to our guns, but it is a risk we are willing to take to save the Sector from our sins. Each captain who loses a ship during a screening operation will be eligiable for a one time lump sum payout of 5% of the value of their ship:

Payout rates for property destruction during screening operations:
-Battleship or Dreadnaught: 40 million credits
-Destroyer or Battlecruiser: 6 million credits
-Gunboat or transport: 2.5 million credits
-Freighter, bomber or UVHF: 400 thousand credits
-all others: 100 thousand credits

Players below level 30 will be ignored.

3)Combat Air Patrol[b] Remnant forces will patrol and defend the operational zone of influence they are currently using against any faction currently showing as hostile on =CR='s faction status post. Warnings won't be given. Special missions will be formed if =CYLON= tagged ships are detected outside the operational ZOI, these overt agressors will be hunted down and destroyed anywhere in Sirius.

4)[b]fleet supply and replenishment
Colonial transports will be supplying Remnant forces during this operation. Colonial transports will operate trade routes that start and end at the current operation base. Pirates, terrorist and other mal-contents are invited to come shoot at us and take our money...or at least try.

**It should be noted, that as a faction using a lawful ID the Colonial Remnant will attempt to operate in such a way as not to tarnish their relationship with the Lawful house governments. Because of this [RM], SF, QCO, KNF, SA and =LSF= ships will not be screened. In fact, =CR= will actively avoid contact with these factions while operating near them in an effort to forstall an inter-system crisis. Everyone else is fair game though.**

Doom and I hope this scenario will be fun for everyone to experience. If any =CR= member behaves poorly (OOC, offensive language, vengeful playing..) please contact one of us.
Can you say what ZoI these screens will be in?

Because i can see some of the bigger pirate faction around here will not take kindly to your "inspections" if there taking place in there ZoI.
And what about the QCO? We're BAF, and I can tell you that if we're fighting the KNF in the Taus and some Colonial tells us to jettison our bots, well...you get the idea.:P
Expect resistance from every last one of my characters, guys. Apart from that, good luck.
-QCO added as a lawful house military faction and not to be screened. Sorry, forgot about you fellas.

-We will keep our ZOIs private for now (don't want to make it too easy to sidestep us.) It should be fairly obvious to anyone paying attention which areas we are sticking to. We have selected areas purposefully overlapping other faction's turfs precisely because they won't like it (we love RP, but we also love PvP...i)Just know that they are predetermined, not made up on the spot, and that Doom and I are making sure the boys stay inside them.
To be honest, I'd screen QCO if I were you.

IMG and BAF aren't too friendly nowadays.
If your planning on going around and basically acting as if certain systems are your ZoI as you search for tainted bots, I'd say using Zoner stations would be completely out of role-play.. Zoners want to keep their neutrality, and harboring/supplying a large group of military ships that are going around scanning people and blowing them up based solely on their opinion of whether a ship is using tainted bots or not, will not get them many friends.. It would cause those who get targeted by the CR to blame the Zoners for supplying them with a staging base. I say you should stick with purely IMG stations and you have to fly through systems you want to get to..

For example, if America goes to war with Britain (unlikely, yes I know..), but can't easily deply their fighters and troops across the atlantic for each attack, they have to stage somewhere in Europe.. Now if France let America stage from their soil, how do you think Britain is going to respond? Seeing as how America is across the Atlantic, the first targets will be American staging locations, and the second would be France itself. Britain would declare war on France (and god wouldn't it be funny watching the FFL try taking on the British army..) and attack them for allowing America to do this.

Using Zoner stations for an op like this would be completely out of role play.

Other than the Zoner station thing, I don't see much wrong with this other than the image that it sort of looks like its an excuse to rekindle hostilities with some factions you went hostile to as BSG, but that you need more justification to fight..
Of course, it's just a load of nanos... just for some free Rp. Why would people care if we're compensated?
Does that payout apply to hostile ship captains? If so I should just give up trading and fly through Tau-44 in my battleship every four hours:lol:
Dab's right, ya know.

I would assume the =CR= would like to keep relations with the Zoners mellow.

As you're reasonably chummy with the Corsairs at present, I assume they might be willing to provide staging bases. Zoners would most likely turn a blind eye to this in most cases. Can't speak for AW.

As to it being an excuse to "rekindle hostilities", that might be a tad paranoid. Any event that promises the involvement of multiple "mixed flavors" should be fun. Looking forward to details.
Pages: 1 2 3