Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An odd problem with the FL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well...
I'm experiencing something I could describe as visual lag (I lack the words to describe this). The game doesn't run smoothly. Oddly this lag decreases when my in game ship is in in a nebulae such as the Badlands. As soon as the stars (I think it's called starsphere) can be seen the, lag starts. Oddly this is hapening for the past month or so. FL was running as usual for at least a month before this problem emerged.

I doubt this has to do something with my computer, however I'll post system properties.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 3Ghz

RAM: 6.00 GB

Graphics: ATI radeon HD 5700

I doubt I have described this in such manner to give a clear picture of the problem.

Help, please.

Have you tried turning the starspheres off, at least for testing purposes? (Decreasing background detail or something similar to the minimum.)
Yes, it doesn't have any effect at all.

In nebulas the lag is reduced, however it is still present from times to times.
More likely your computer is loading the distant objects than the starsphere. Distant objects (like bases/planets/sun etc) don't exist in the nebula by the games perspective.

In contrast, the starsphere is actually very small and moves around with you so you can never actually hit it (It's centered to the center of your ship).

Try turning the view distance down (It's an option when turning on Disco Mod in FLMM)

-Seth
It didn't worky, sadly. It seems I'll be getting my old computer back soon...just for FL.
Nothing seems to work. And I'we noticed that lag disappears when I'm flying in a straight line. As soon as my ship turns the lag starts.
I have an idea - try turn off all adictional graphic-onboard addons with boost graphic efects ingame.
Please post the results of a /ping while in a nebula, and while out and about. The lag you suggest to experience sounds like your connection cannot handle the amount of updates neccesary when multiple objects (such as faraway planets and bases) are visible. Does the lag also occur if you encounter NPCs in a nebula?
I had this problem too on my gaming rig, it's mostly related to when you add custom settings to the game, like custom AA or AF filters.

So, this is quite simple man.

Go in CCC, Catalyst Control Center, select 3D, and check the boxes in AA and AF that say: Use application settings.

Then go in Documents, Freelancer and delete PerfOptions. Restart your computer, enter in FL (PerfOptions will be created again with the new settings) and you're ok.

- Proud User of a Sapphire HD 5970 AMP Edition.
Quote:had this problem too on my gaming rig, it's mostly related to when you add custom settings to the game, like custom AA or AF filters.

So, this is quite simple man.

Go in CCC, Catalyst Control Center, select 3D, and check the boxes in AA and AF that say: Use application settings.

Then go in Documents, Freelancer and delete PerfOptions. Restart your computer, enter in FL (PerfOptions will be created again with the new settings) and you're ok.

Well, this doesn't work either.

As for the ping, this is also happening in SP. Therefore I doubt it has something to do with my connection.
Pages: 1 2