Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber Missiles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Perhapes I should change the title of this thread. " Bombers suck" and be done with it. The fact that it fires SNACs really doesn't prove anything other than the SNAC is a deadly weapon.

Bombers need a change to its style. Needs something....

But do rant on...
' Wrote:But can the rockets not get the cloudy trails, but something like the stalker missile trails.
Which in my opinion would look better for fast moving projectiles.

I used Javelin trail, and it's a bit boring (same trail as CD basically).

Else it works, I used 800 m/s 6.00 refire, 5k damage and 2 degrees dispersion for start

refire and speed seems kind of fine, dispersion can be maybe a bit higher but not much, not so sure about damage vs ammo

at 5k damage the ammo runs out really fast and you don't do so much damage.
Could either up the damage or up the ammo for this specifically.

Oh and idea for this is that it's mostly to use vs gunboats and other bombers to hit hull in time-critical situations.

Post a video please?
Could it be possible to use the stalker missile trails?

Stalker - White
Windstalker - Light blue
Moonstalker - Orange
Firestalker - Red
Sunstalker - Green

Since I really hate the cloud trails.
Also wasp only has white trail.
Hornet and bigger have orange.
Which also would look cool I think. dunno.

I failed in my quote at english... xD
meant to say that there please wouldn't be cloud like trails used.
You want an anti fighter weapon on a bomber, mount a starkiller.

You can't have bombers rape caps AND fighters. They are fine as they are.

What makes me not Q_Q about bomber gank swarms is the ability to jump in my defender and have a great time molesting them.
' Wrote:You want an anti fighter weapon on a bomber, mount a starkiller.

You can't have bombers rape caps AND fighters. They are fine as they are.

What makes me not Q_Q about bomber gank swarms is the ability to jump in my defender and have a great time molesting them.

Who said their were anti fighter? (Bandit)

They will (I assume) have to much disperse to be good for that.
time to throw a stone at the greenhouse....

me thinks bombers should have only shield bursting capabilities. With class 7 shields for themselves.

So you want to take down a cap? you will need another cap or a bomber to take out the shields so the other ships can do damage. That is how I see bombers.

Since bombers will not be able to hurt fighters or any ships hull, give em a better shield may be even GB so they survive longer in the fight.

PiP
' Wrote:time to throw a stone at the greenhouse....

me thinks bombers should have only shield bursting capabilities. With class 7 shields for themselves.

So you want to take down a cap? you will need another cap or a bomber to take out the shields so the other ships can do damage. That is how I see bombers.

Since bombers will not be able to hurt fighters or any ships hull, give em a better shield may be even GB so they survive longer in the fight.

PiP

No GB shields, Unless you want bomber not to die in any fight.
No Transport shields, because they will still not die.

Also bomber actually can't damage fighters anyway.
If you just don't joust your enemy bomber then his guns will be to slow for him to pew you.

And the suggested rockets are unguided, rapid fire, very in-accurate aim (and cosume ammo and energy, I Think)

So if Mjolnir gets them right they would be very good again close strikes on GB's, Cruisers, Transport.
I would like to see a little test movie of the rockets, when possible;)
I personally don't like the idea of Bomber Missiles. Even if we accept that as a good idea, I don't believe it's the priority now, Bombers need to get faction weapons and, well... Bombs! (Mines with really low mobility but a nice damage)

But that might just be me.

' Wrote:If anything, bombers should become -less- effective versus fighter, not -more- effective. Else, what's the point in flying fighters?
Yeah, Let's nerf Bombers even more only because the very few who still fly Bombers know what they're doing and it's the nubtards who joust them in fighters that turn into blue msg.
We need more diversity in the Bomber market. There should be a broad range of bomber 'tiers': From Slightly modified VHFs to Fighter Bombers to outright Gunships.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6