Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Coming back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Discovery players, friends, and admins,

A lot of people may have not entirely known this, but for the entire time many of you have known me, I was going down a path of self-destruction. I was angry at myself. I was angry at everything in my life, but most of all I was angry at where I had gotten to in life. How far I had come...and where I was going...I was going down a path where I hated everything in life and wanted no support from friends or family. I took a lot of anger out on people here, which was wrong I know, but I was delusional (in a manner of speaking). For a long time while playing here I channeled that into the characters I portrayed. Some of that anger even leaked out around the edges of the persona's of the characters and into real actual dealings with people. I was flying off the handle, I was breaking down, losing myself in a maze of hatred. In one stupid move, I shoved everyone here away from me in a futile showing of hatred and immaturity. I wanted nothing to do with any of you. I was in a blind rage that I feared I would never recover from.

Then a woman came into my life and tugged on my reigns, calmed me, forced me to see the positives in life. Slowly I started retreating out of the deep hole that I had dug for myself after so many years. I have a woman who loves me for who I am as a person and not for who I am not and a potential father figure to three beautiful girls. I am no longer a slave to my negativity or my emotions. I am a slave to nothing, the emotions are controlled by me now and not vice-versa.

The only thing I ask is that you, the people of Discovery, forgive me for how I have acted the entire time I've been here. I know words aren't much these days, but I can say honestly that I am a changed man. I am no longer sinking in a pit of despair but soaring through the skies with my wings spread. I give you my word that no longer will I act out of anger, rage, depression, or fury. I will act as a human being, as a man, and as a person should: with respect to those around me.

I hope I can live up to all of your expectations of me in the near future, goodness knows I'm sure as hell going to try to.

See you out there.

~Leo
Wow, sounds like the past was really bad.

I obviously do not know you, but anyway, welcome back among us.
Welcome back:)
[Image: cool_story_bro.jpg]
Hey mate, sad past you got there, but I'm happy you changed, i don't know you but as you described your self, you are alright. Welcome back.
Sounds like an epic reflection post for a story.

That said, meh.

'Sup, Davy?
Welcome back!
' Wrote:
[Image: cool_story_bro.jpg]
Some people never change. It's good that you did though, welcome back Leo.
Dear God man ... Its just an online forum ...