Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonia stationary BS firepower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just had a nice fight at Tau-31 JG in Leeds... well I kept running away from BS Derby because its firepower was just too much.

The big gun on the side (that fires shots with long tail) was firing at some crazy speed... under 500m it hit me with 50% of the shots now matter how I dodged (I was in Kusari Bomber), taking half my shield per shot.

- Even in beta 4 it was quite easy to dodge the shots most of the time.

Now this might be actually good for the game but.....look on the other BS
- if I fly my Blood Dragon bomber and a stationary Rheinland BS shoots on me it almost never hits anything.
- I had some fight next to battleship Nagasaki some days ago and it didn't look like it was hitting the Templar + 2 BDs attacking me either - and we were under 200ms from it.
- I don't have any experience with Liberty BSs.

Some else has any experience/comparison or is it just me?
Well I can say, the Liberty stationary battleships are more lethal too when compared to their previous efficiency at aiming.
Don't get me wrong... I think they should be lethal....
but:

- Battleships from all houses should be roughly equal

- Lethal against what - fighters/bombers? GBs and up?

How I felt it now the Derby was more lethal to my bomber than any player flown BS ever was.

EDIT: I just remembered that I flew next to Derby 4-5 times in the last 4 days.. and it mostly didn't shoot at all! (yes I was red to her). Or it never shot as far as the JG (as it did in beta4). Today it killed poor AoM just as he came out of the JG... and it got my hull down to half doing the same too.
I said their aiming got improved as well. They can hit you even if you are in a fighter and they hit hard, so you have to watch out well.
... well I was only dodging some 400ms from the BS...and the big gun still hit with every second shot.
Hehe, i was part of the fight, but not long:laugh:. The Derby has blown my Chimaera with its Uber Guns. While trying to dodge the fire, i could not aim any target.
Note: Never do such a suicide run, while completely outgunned and overwhelmed. Lesson learned

@ Mjolnir: Better would been, we had have headed to Stokes, leaving the Battleship behind.

Respectful
AoM
Best is to avoid getting too close to these battleships, whatever ship you are in and your evading skills are..
I was there many times before.. and never did the BS shoot like this.... AoM was pwned by it 2 times within 5minutes.

Again as I said.. it was more dangerous than any player BS I ever met.

EDIT: Yes Templars/Crusaders were shooting on me too.... but they were nowhere as deadly as the BS.
Additionally i must say, there were 8 templars too, chasing me! I must have a worster rep to them than Mjolnir.
Now my KNF char is out of credits and must do NPC missions.

I think the Nagasaki at Holman has the same devastational firepower and accuracy against Bretonians, as far as i have seen.

Respectful
AoM

edit: The first time i was pawned, was right after showing up at the JG in Leeds. I was completely surprised.
Those battleships are juuust what they should be. Lethal both against NPCs and players.

Some time ago - I was setting up my trader - was temporarily an arrow with lv 5 guns, no armor etc...

Got jumped by 2 Outcast bombers and lured them to the Hood.

Booy... were they surprised... the hulk drained their bots and forced them to keep distance. After my bud (VHF) arrived - they both went down quickly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4