Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Locking option as well as de-locking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The autolocking system has its own flaws so why not do this:Set an option for the thread to lock for the topic starter.That way,the admins/moderators do not have to do the locking for someone,and the person who started the thread can lock it at anytime should someone gravedig it or when the topic finishes or when he feels that the thread has gone way out of control.
There can also be an option for the thread creator to reverse the lock(only threads which he lock,not admin or moderator lock)

In summary:
There is an option the topic starter can use to lock the thread, should he feel that the thread does not need to be there anymore, as well as an option which reverses his lock(If this is not the right place to post,move this thing to the right place.)
(Note:Please read everything before you post, think before you post, if you want to state objections or anything try to be backed up by a reason.)
This should go under 'Site and Forum Feedback' (is that it?)

but I agree, I know there's threads I wish I could've locked myself, after making them.
Sounds useful to me.
Is this even possible? Haven't really seen it on any forums.

But sure, good idea. Reduces the work of Mods and all.
A button so I can lock a thread when people start to disagree with me, say things I dont agree with or like, or prove me wrong? Sounds great to me.
I think it's a great idea. Besides, if someone started locking threads when people started disagreeing with them, they'd certainly gain a bad reputation and they wouldn't be respected in the community.
' Wrote:I think it's a great idea. Besides, if someone started locking threads when people started disagreeing with them, they'd certainly gain a bad reputation and they wouldn't be respected in the community.

Yes, because people seem to care a lot about their reputation with the community.
' Wrote:Yes, because people seem to care a lot about their reputation with the community.

That
also allow thread creators to delete single posts (mostly in comm channels)

too many times peps who are not allowed ("encrypted" threads) to post there just do it... Q-Q
' Wrote:also allow thread creators to delete single posts (mostly in comm channels)

to many times peps who are not allowed ("encrypted" threads) to post there just do it... Q-Q

I think anyone should be allowed to invise any post at any time.
Pages: 1 2 3