Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Scrap metal, what if
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I apologize if somebody smarter thought of this before me, I just didn't find anything similar.

What if Scrap metal was to generate, somehow, after fleet battles?
You know, big ship goes poof, and sensible amount of scrap metal remains after that.
Some nasty Junkers come around, or even before the fight begins *vulture-like!* and pick it up.
That would make much more sense then Junkers shooting rocks in New London.
And more fun too, I bet they'd love to search 'round for hostilities and clean up the mess for their own profit.

Now, I'm aware this draws a number of problems, big problems.
Like,

- Two 'palls' shooting each other 20 times in a row just to earn some credits.
- Junkers being too close to the selling point if the fight is near that selling point.

Also, the idea is that nobody except Junkers can pick it up and sell it.
I have no idea how to balance any of those things, but I'm sure some brainstorming would help.

And again, this seems so logical to me that I'm almost certain someone already thought of it. If so, sorry!
Nice idea, I like it.

But no idea how it could be implemented!
I believe this was discussed before (Well, not exactly this - Only the Cap ships turning into scrap fields part) and it wasn't approved because it was said that adding something like this would heavily increase the server load... And Disco GC's Server load is already high as it is, so I don't think adding things like this would be logical unless we want a server crash every time a Carrier goes boom with more than 180 players on.
I used to fly around in the battles of Liberty with a Junker Ptrans before it got banned, tractoring the loot dropped by the various ships going down before others did. Surely, I sometimes earned siege cruisers shooting at me because of that, but on the long term it was quite profitable salvaging stuff like gunboat razors, codenames and SNACs aside the generic items especially capships tend to carry.

Well, I've never seen anyone else doing it, but that's how you turn the Junker life profitable while also managing to stay in lore. Not exactly scrap metal those ships drop, but exactly the items a Junker may be looking for. In light of that, I'd say your idea is pretty much already real.
scrap is already generated when npcs die. more specifically, trains.
Sounds cool, but we already got to steal Nuke mines, rockets, torpedos, CMs and so on from ships that go ka-boom!:)Also that's how I usually make my credits - via selling "scrap" material from the fights I was in. So yeah, no need for it to drop insane amounts of scrap when a cap dies, all you need is to get the expensive Reinforced CD's and the Countermeasures;)
So that nothing to do legates in sair gaurd system would pew pew each other and later make profit out of ship which went puff?

of course, nice idea, but I don't see any possible ways to prevent abuse.
' Wrote:So that nothing to do legates in sair gaurd system would pew pew each other and later make profit out of ship which went puff?

of course, nice idea, but I don't see any possible ways to prevent abuse.
Make some small % chance to loose some equipment when you die, like 1-5% depends on what piece of equipment. And you will have it,it will be funny and it will stop empty transps to say shoot me when I ask for 100-200k for save passage.
Many of us already do such a thing, hanging around fleet engagements, "salvaging" parts and the like.

A more important idea, in my mind at least, would be to leave factions be to roleplay what and how they want. 'cause currently, we can't do a damn thing with the 30 scrapped carriers, 96 libby dreads, 182 Rheinland turtles, and god knows how many wraiths and guardians.

We have the tools (imagination and custom infocards), just not the collective happy go lucky attitude.
I like the idea, but I see what you meant by being to close to the selling point.

I thing they should make it a new Comod. It can be something like Battleship Scrap that would sell only good in Junker Bases NOT IN HOUSE SPACE.
Pages: 1 2