Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hunter Core ID and Slavers/Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question here, is a Core ID'd Thresher allowed to attack Slavers and/or other ID'd players carrying Slaves? I realize that is a somewhat odd question, but I actually run into Slavers quite frequently with my Thresher and I'd dearly love to demand they head to the nearest lawful base and drop their cargoes, but thus far, I have been forced to ignore them as I am unsure of the constraints of the ID.

Any help would be appreciated (but please don't make the inane suggestion I get a normal Hunter ID and a gunboat, I am already heavily considering that.) Many thanks!
If I recall, BHG core ID only allows you to demand nomad cargo (or BHG pilots), so I guess you're not allowed to attack slavers unless they carry BHG pilots along with them. Not to mention that caps aren't allowed to attack transports, so I think its pretty clear
Thresher can't attack transports under normal circumstances. Check the rule on it for possible exemptions.

/Thread.
Caps are not allowed to demand cargo or to attack transports (and liners).
So unless he enters your guard system, you can't do anything.

Discussion related to this here : http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...,and,transports
' Wrote:Caps are not allowed to demand cargo or to attack transports (and liners).
So unless he enters your guard system, you can't do anything.

Discussion related to this here : http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...,and,transports
How about I leave this right here, then?

Quote:6.7 Attacking freighters, transports, liners or demanding cargo from the same is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) any faction in their homesystem/housespace
b) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
c) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
d) Order Guard vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
e) Blood Dragon Guard vessels within Chugoku;
f) Corsair Guard vessels within Omicron Gamma;
g) Outcast Guard vessels within Omicron Alpha;
h) Guard ID players in their -own- associated Guard system.
i) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.
j) Core/order players can demand and fight for nomad tech.
k) in house space if any unlawfull action is done
l) any faction in their homesystem/housespace
m) everyone can demand allied pilots

Traders whom are attacked in these areas may be pursued and destroyed beyond them.
Alright, then, thanks for the help, though I must remember to petition for a change to the rule.

Cheers!
' Wrote:Alright, then, thanks for the help, though I must remember to petition for a change to the rule.

Cheers!
The rule is fine, don't fix what ain't broken.

Just get a bomber/gunship.
' Wrote:How about I leave this right here, then?
*snip*
j) <strike>Core/order players can demand and fight for nomad tech</strike>
k) <strike>In house space if any unlawful action is done</strike>
l) Any faction in their <strike>homesystem/housespace</strike> Guard System
m) <strike>Everyone can demand allied pilots</strike>
*snip*
If you're going to quote the rules, Kanga, please don't start making part of them up. The ones listed above do not exist as exceptions. Unlawful actions in house space does NOT exempt this rule. Your LABC may NOT attack that PT holding up that Camaran if it's not in the official faction. It will get you sanctioned fast, as it's the lawful counterpart to pirating in a Scylla. See:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...post-main-59423
Kangaraptor Wrote:How about I leave this right here, then?
I fail to see at what point this authorizes a Core Cap to demand cargo from a slaver.
' Wrote:I fail to see at what point this authorizes a Core Cap to demand cargo from a slaver.

Other than his slightly modified things ... that's the point.

It doesn't.

The only thing that you in your Core ID'd cap can demand from that transport is Core pilots. Or of course, if you were on guard duty in Omega-56 and just happened across a slaver taking a shortcut between Halle and 15.