Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: voice (hail) bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im writing this here cuz i dont thing i can post it anywhere else, anywaay as you all know the voice bugs by now? the factions,locations,systems that was not created by the original freelancer has no sound files which results in immidiete cut scenes when hailing a npc, like this is ... gold 1 , im on route from... , im going to ...
situation really gets annoying when you encounter npc factions that was not there in freelancer, like gallic factions.
Will anyone fix this?
all i see from now is that you just contineu the story line trying to get 4.86 released. but wiill this patch also uptade the sounds? i think there are severel programs on the internet that saves and copies the sounds and than it can be used to make it say something else, you can do that, or you can just start up the headphone and start talking i dunno how you do it, but please... its really getting annoying as more places and factiıons appear due to the storyline
' Wrote:Most people I know here play with the music and dialogue sounds turned off. And I think that adding another to do thing to the list will make the mod come out before next year.

The process to add even one new voice file is extremely tedious in itself, so it probably would have a severe slowdown effect on the development of the next mod.
they can release the mod and than start working on the sound fixes
Most of the sound stuff is probably hardcoded. I'd prefer to see those which do know how to pull FL apart and fix it make the game better instead of fixing sounds.
I actually find this 'Bug' funny, makes me smile every time a NPC goes silent like that. But I'm curios, how often do you hail NPCs? How often do people who've been playing Disco for half a year hail NPCs? Hailing NPCs might be fun for a week or two, but I don't really think anyone does it on a regular basis after playing the game for a few months... So, fixing the sound files falls under "Not while there are more important things to do" category.

I'd rather see custom Stations and such instead of seeing NPCs who know the new Base names.
oh yea its awesome... if you pm a Kusari Battleship patrol at Stokes, it could say the following.

"this is Hagi blue 3, im on a patrol from the new london system, we have 2 more waypoints to go"

im like LOOL "your not reaaally though are you.. lets be honest, unless your jarek, your not from new london in kusari battleships"
Actually I'll hail the npc patrols on a regular basis...keeps them close by,for awhile anyway.Never know when you are going to need that Battleship patrol to assist you.