Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Another RP vs PvP thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all know this scenario:

You are a freelancer but have difficulies getting some good ship. And there is a faction that have the exact ship you want... But the can really give it to you besause you might do bad things with it... But what if...

What if the ship is damaged...

-ship wont have weapons(cant have) cuz weapon systems are busted
-Ship wont have a thruster, systems supporting thruster are busted
-Ship wont have a shield (probably the worst scenario)
- etc etc...

What i wanna ask is...

If one RP one of (or combination of more) mentioned scenarios, would it highten his chances to get permission for using faction ship..?

Discushun, Yeah...
And what you are going to rp with ship without guns, thruster, shield and wings?

A living as tramp?
A pushover?
Nice one Antanas.:lol:

I think he wants to ask you for a derelict ship, then repair it somehow and put civilian stuff on it. Yes, I think it'd improve your chances.
I said one of... at all of them... I would be really happy if i could get a GB or cruiser without guns(completely without, means no to even civilian ones) for some of my characters. Ye, i know that RP leads to PvP (mostly) if you meet some people but there are some of us that can live without pew pew...

Also... from the possible damages i mentioned...
If i sort them from least afecting my gameplay it would be:

No CD
No AU/CAU
No weapons
No Cm
No thruster
No shield - as i said, this is the worst case scenario since even starflea could destroy a battleship as we saw in SP...
then in such a useless ship... why not just rp in a starflea? to anything above lvl 30, the guns wont do any damage, and if they want to kil you, they can, without it cost you a fortune
Well... One of the reasons is "For teh lulz"...
But really, do i need a reason?

But okay, the course of RP is the reason... If you have a big ship and big guns everyone will see a threat in you... But you are, in fact, not. But they will still scream " Dont you dare come at my lawn with that"... But what about i take the big guns away...

Another reason is the look of ship... I am fairly okay with awesome looking ship even if it wont have guns...

EDIT: Sorry, but it sounds like you are trying to say that you cant have some RP without guns...
' Wrote:...

If one RP one of (or combination of more) mentioned scenarios, would it highten his chances to get permission for using faction ship..?

Discushun, Yeah...

my 2-cents asnwers are:

short: "unlikely".
long: "only if one makes such an RP that explains how he would get one's hands on that damaged ship, why exactly it was damaged in these specific way(s), and why exactly that ship should now be owned by one".

Cheers.
Despite what everyone says, dumbing down your PVP ability increases your chances.

I have no idea why, since people keep chanting about PVP being an RP form.
' Wrote:Despite what everyone says, dumbing down your PVP ability increases your chances.

I have no idea why, since people keep chanting about PVP being an RP form.

Player versus Player combat is a part of role play. For some players it can be the all consuming part of it. For others, the sheer verbal interaction is enough. One of my characters is a GRN ship captain - he enjoys verbally sparring with the Council in Langaudoc. Yet when they come close enough, he has no issues opening fire and blasting the crap out of them because they are traitors to the Crown.