Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship upgrades.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lets get a show of hands on the opinions of ship hull upgrades from the community. I personally dislike the ship upgrades, greatly unbalancing the game as it is.

Now if I wanted upgrades for like a capital ship upgrade put on a fighter, the thing would be a literal floating armor block, that could barely move, due to it's small engine size, and it couldn't support a shield around it's mass.

But all, in all the ships should stay their vanilla, with some exceptions of special Rp's with some crazed engineer rigging their ship, and whatnot.

I do hate unbalanced fights.

Ps...the poll system just died...so the Like button is unable to be clicked.
They should affect ships more. Definitely a cap 8 BS should be cumbersome as much as possible. But also for that case, the multiplier should be like x6 or x8 so the lighter ones do not have too much advantage too easily.
I could understand that, It'll be just dumb if a lil light fighter could destroy a cruiser, or anything of that size variation.
Well,

what always bothered me is the CAU being used on transports, GBs and freighters. If it's a capital armour upgrade isn't it suposed to be used on capital ships? Bombers got their gun class and why we keep using capital ships materials, engines, armour on ships that don't suposed to use it?

And, maybe some more nerfing on some around, to get things even, but i won't go there, because it has been discust already.
I totally adore armor upgrades. They mean my income. Actually, people who trade to have them mean my income, but that's the same.

If anyone would ask me, I'd say double the cost of them! :nyam:
I'll agree on you with that one Grail, It's not like you can put tank armor on a motorcycle and expect it to be able to run.
i say other.

i'd like different upgrades to be available.

sheild regen booster
shield increase
power plant regen booster
power plant increase
cruise speed increase (up to 420, and you cant form on anyone, and they cant form on you)
cruise speed charge time decrease
weapons output increase (ofc it drains your power faster)

every snubcraft rocks around with a au8, and most caps have cau4+

we're a creative bunch of peeps. lets do something new with that slot

(my god, that sounds sooo dirty)
Before I comment, I have to ask one thing because it seems to be rather unclear:
- Are we discussing Balance aspect of Armor Upgrades here or the Roleplay aspect? (Or... Both?)

Because the Original post talks about 'Unbalanced fights' while three posts later a discussion about the RP justification of Cap Armor use starts... Just sayin'.
Pretty much anything involving armor upgrades, the poll is just there to see numbers on basics of what people think of the upgrades.
I chose other. Armour has a use,but it should have a bigger negative to. Also as stated more upgrades would be great,and i have seen them on other server's. I say knock off a % oftop speed for each upgrade. So say 2% for AU/I 4% for AU/II upto 16% for AU/VIII double it for CAU so a CAU/VII dread would be like 32% slower. More metal? less speed.
Pages: 1 2 3