Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Custom Soundtrack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'd like to suggest a new feature: A custom soundtrack for this mod!
I think, since this is one of the leading mods of the scene, it deserved an unique soundtrack. I am not asking to ditch all FL music, because some pieces are really great (Omega battle music :ylove:) but especially for the Gallic systems and other special cases, a custom soundtrack would be a nice addition.
Again, let's hold back with the suggestion now, I got plenty myself. Let's just talk about this idea in general.

By the way, does it have any legal consequences, if we use commercial music in a non-commercial 'product' like this? Are there any law experts here?
As far as I know we already have Hidamari's sound mod which changes default sound effects to custom effects. But I haven't seen a custom background music add-on/mod before. I suspect there may be legal issues regarding commercial music and you'll be fine as long as you don't distribute it - ie. keep the custom music mod to yourself.
There are also several music mods made by Hidamari. Yay. Find Hidamari, find topics, find mods.
Jamendo has a very wide variety of Creative Commons music. You are free to redistribute those songs for non-commercial purposes.

There are many good epic orchestral Scifi-y tracks in there too.
I submited over 20 unique - composed and produced from scratch tracks for 4.86. Please be patient. If we have time, we will add more in the future.