Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker ship from ~June
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I posted WIP info way back in the mists of time (either lost to age or just lost to me personally) about a Junker cap ship I was working on. I then left the community/game but in September a twinge of guilt made me offer the incomplete project to anyone who wanted it (I can't find that forum topic either!), I just had to zip it up. Now, the end of December, I've actually zipped it up and converted the 3D max 9 project to a variety of formats including Milkshape. This is it: 7zip archive (about 3MB)

Here are some pictures.

[Image: jk5.jpg]

[Image: jk9.jpg]

[Image: jk12.jpg]

[Image: jk13.jpg]

This is now at the mercy of anyone who feels like adding hardpoints, hull and shield meshes (via some utility I haven't looked at since June and forget the name of) and porting it (via, I assume, Milkshape). It is supposed to be a cruiser class but include everything from battleship to fighter weapons and, on the whole, have poor hull, poor energy reserves but lots of nanobots. That was the discussion at the time anyway.

It is quite polygon intensive (complex) compared to vanilla ships but anyone still running a Geforce 2 card deserves what they get.

No support provided for this model.

Apologies to any and all who were hoping I'd get this project done six months ago! The best plans of mice...

Regards
Nadir
i think it's brilliant. it looks like several different ships pieced together.

exactly what i would think a junker ship would be
cool, But it should be painted in one rusty color (to look like junk)
It looks like several models peiced together, not ships.
See, there isn't any patchwork, or tearing apart of these ships, its a very, very clean seal, with odd texture matches.
I believe a junker ship would be made out of scrap metal, and be a bit less pure in its sections....they got the parts from a debris feild, why are the parts so intact?
first of all - that ship looks great.

second: i am a bit concerned that soon, every NPC faction will have their full range of faction ships ranging from light fighter to battleship - just a trend right now. but on the other hand, when faction <insert name> gets their full range of capships, there is no reason why another faction shouldn t get it.

anyway - it looks very much like freelancer - and it looks very much like junkers .... leaves the question, what in the wide world do they guild a battleship for. by the way - i allways wondered why the zoners need those big ships, too. ( if it was about me - only house factions would have capital ships:))
Its a work in progress guys. Nadir never had the chance to finish. All these suggestions were made long ago. Lets leave this thread clear and wait to see if AoM, Mohr, Vaporlinx or etc. pick it first eh? This model has allot of potential and already won the heart of the community.
I love it. I can see the Junkers towing large chunks of derelict ships from battlefields back to their base to weld them into a new whole. Only thing is, if they wanted more than one of these capships, the second, third, etc should look significantly different (variation on the model!):)
Junker liner/transport is almost on its way. I have finished it a long time ago and Mohr will make the skin now.
It was also presented a long time ago by Nexus. The model will have the size of a liner.

This model could become the Rheinland BC, if Nadir is willing to change the Liberty front. It would fit with the rumors, ALG got the demand to build the new BS of Bremen class on a new shipyard right beside Dortmund station. Now this new BS could be a new BC.

Btw, great work

respectful
AoM
Quite interesting design Nadir..
Junkers would like to use this ship..
Casting good luck on the entire process of its creation..
It's back! Hooray!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5