Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Character transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning fellow freelancers.

I was wondering if it is legal to create a new character and transfer all the fund i have from my current character (as ive made a few mistakes along the way and would like to start over neutral to everyone but not lose my cash) alsoif it is legal, how exactly do i transfer the cash? one final quetion a bit off topic though, is it possible to own more that 1 ships at one time, if yes how? im asking because i saw a post somewhere on this forum of a guy selling five ships.

best regards,

Ryder
Yes, it is absolutely alright to send cash from one character to another. This can be done with the /givecash command.

You type /givecash <character name you want to send it to> <amount of credits> .
First of all, money transfers are legal. All you need to do is to create a new char (yes, it is possible to have more than one ship, you simply press "New Character" button).
Command to transfer the money: /givecash your.character's.name.here sum.you.wish.to.transfer
Example: /givecash Ryder 100000
100.000 is the minimum that you can transfer.

The number of characters per account is 5, but you can use Freelancer Account Manager to create multiple accounts.
hey guys, thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.
Also look here for more useful commands.
People already answered some parts of it, but just to have it all in one post:
Many people make a character and store all their money on it, and just send small sums of it to their other characters when needed. You'll just have to keep the 'Bank' ship in space for 10 minutes first time you log it, so it activates the Cash commands. To transfer money, you can use two methods:
  • /givecash - with this command, you can send money from your Bank character to your other chars, but this would mean every time you'd need cash you'll have to switch to bank char, which can be really annoying from time to time, but to use it, you should type; /givecash <Charname> <Cash Amount>
    For example, if you have a Character named Ryder, and want to send 5 millions to it, you should type; /givecash Ryder 5000000
    ^ This way, you can send cash to anyone else's character as well, so it doesn't need to be Your char.
  • /drawcash - You can set a 'Cashcode' for any of your characters, so you can draw cash from it from any other character. What you have to do, is to set a cashcode which would work as your 'password'. You'll have to get on your Bank char and type ' /set cashcode <Cashcode> ', for example /set cashcode 123345 .
    Then, from any other character, you can simply type ' /drawcash <Charname> <Cashcode> <Cash Amount> ' and you can also use ' /showcash <Charname> <Cashcode> ' to see how much cash you have on that character.
    ^ This method makes it much easier as you'll be able to draw cash from your bank 'On the fly' without needing to dock or switch.
And about number of Characters you can have, the simple answer would be, You can have as many ships as you can afford. The only problem is, due to game engine limitations, you can't have more than 5 characters in one account, so if you'll decide to make more than 5 characters, you'll have to make a new account.
  • You can download Discovery Launchpad v.1.1 (v.1.1's download link is in the end of the first post) to manage your accounts, and also it gives you the ability to make new accounts without any trouble. You'll just have to click "New", put in an Account Name and Description (So you'll know which account is it in future) and click "Generate", then "Ok" and back in the main window "Save". This way, you can easily switch between accounts by clicking their name, and make as many chars as you want without any problem.
    Another advantage of using an Account manager is that you can export your accounts into an .ADF or a .XML file and keep it as backup, so in case you'll have to reinstall OS or loose your HDD for any reason, you can simply reinstall the Acc Manager, import the file back and have your Accounts there again. Best way of taking backup from your accounts is attaching the .ADF or .XML file to an email and sending it to yourself. This way, you can log back into your mailbox anytime and download the file to put it back into the Acc Manager.
Hope it was helpful and easy to understand, cause I tried to keep it as simple as possible.