Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.Waiqumbo.recognized...uploading data...

...***redifined***...checking for newer versions...failed...
...establishing gateway...id...Joe...unrecognised...id...Waiqumbo...recognised...uploading data....

This is LH~Mantis here speaking trough the comm:

All right folks guess 'tis 'bout time I got here. It was no easy task, and I like it just more this way. Tracing this signal may lead you to some remote operating console, on some Middle-of-Nowhere-Trans-Ship. I must made this for my own safety.

...reestablishing...link...complete...data...trace...done...

Ah such is the price when you are using some Syn-Marijuana smokers ship as gateway.
Now back to the original story:

I was born on Planet-Damn-Erie, high-life, full luxury ways. My parents were respectable employees of the Holo-Trid-Pennsylvania-Neuro-Net&co (furthermore HTPNN.co). I had everything I could dream of, fast rides, hot gals, and the cleanest stuff if I wanted some. I really had no problems in my life, and I chose to follow my parents' way.

Graduated in Holo-Trid-Engineering and Light-Data-Encryp/Decryp. I got my job at HTPNN.co, and it was a plum one. I really lived a high-style-life, most of my problems were sniffing stuff from luxury-whores a**. The kind of way, my parents lived. Life could not have been more easy. The problems, however came fast, and throw me down...really down.

I worked as Senior H-T Engineer, thus my work was like making godlike-figures out of simple genetically modificated reporters.So that Average Joe goes home, and when hes turning the NN on, he can see a demigod. -lest thats what I made the reps look like-. My troubles started like this:

One day, I got home way much earlier, just to see a bunch of uniform goons rummaging trough my luxury apartement. When I stepped forward to see whats happening, and asked for an admission, or the offical ID codes, their -let me guess- Lt. shocked me off with a neuro staff.

Woke up in a 2x2 frigid cell, within the company of a tube of synthetic paste - I HATE I HATE I HATE IT - and a glass of cool water. My head felt like a nest of wild animals, and I had that cold taste insde my mouth. A cunningly-hidden door opened, and a real bad-ass costume-crook came in. He wore luxury tweeds, and a pair of im-so-serious-sunglasses. I gave him the name "Agent Nobody", he looked like exactly one from an average saturday-night-agent-H-T.
I started to think that this whole mess-up was just a well-planned joke of my fellows back at the office. But when Agent Nobody started to ask his questions, I knew I'm in a whole lot of trouble:
"When did you contact terrorists?" "How much of the IC work I've uncovered and who are my crime associates?" "Did I know that the average prison time sentenced for such crimes is 675.000 years on a remote prison-station?"
And things like that...
...at first I got no clue, but then suddenly it all came in my mind: See, I really had a boring time in the office, so to busy myself I started to encrypt some coded lines I found in the NN NCCN lines. I always looked at it as some joke coming from the "higher ranks" of the HTPNN, a prank made by one of my successors, to keep us bugs busy. Well, it was no joke: IC made sub-low hum, wich would increase the time Average Joe will spend watching HTPNN, and also increasing Joe's willingness to spend his hard-earned creds on something "valuable" shipped-in by -who else- than IC.

Now I was in a whole lot of mess. My life ruined, my cred card surely downed to 0credits, and -DAMN!- I'm probably en route to Philadelphia station, as a prisoner -according to my sucker outfit...yes, yes, the orange one -. I really had no option, but one thing:
I knocked out Agent Nobody -wow! adrenaline still works if nothing else, panic gave me real strength to do it- , stuffed his wallet-8500creds, man these guys ARE underpaid-, took his ID and his clothes - Hi-Tech Sunglasses, I still wear them, tough I ha to remove 18 different nanite bugs from it -. According to the ID he was a "Chief-Enforcer" of IC. I made my way to the docking hangar, and boarded a freighter carrying water to-and-from the transport and Planet Erie.

...line cracked...initializing safe mode...
...gateway re-established to...***id*** Waiqumbo...

...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...
...hack...initiated...logging in as...login failed...
...establishing gateway...id...Joe...unrecognised...id...Waiqumbo...recognised...uploading data....

The next day was like a nightmare. Without food, only drinking the shipped water, I finally arrived on Erie once again.
I made some modifications on the ID, changing it to a simple civilian dockworker, who is authorised to use a light fighter ship. It was time, I made use of my connections, and quickly contacted with one of my mates from the past, one who I do not wish to name here.
Let's just say, he came up with an option, the only option, so it was MY option at all. He told me about the people walking in the same gravity-boots as I. He knew about my hacking skills, and somehow he also knew about my work at HTPNN.

...connection...lost...reestablishing...gateway...

I was off the planet just in time. The police tagged holograph pictures on me planetwide. All right there was I, just the basic training with a fighter - I did it when I was 18 -, and Agent Nobodys credits -wich was definetly not enough - this connection of me suggested that I head into New York system. Well the further away from fire the less chance I'm going to burn myself, so I charged my engines and headed towards NY.

During the traveling time I had much time to think. Thinking about my life so far, and thinking about how power can crush the work of an entire family... Anger stirred in me, and I felt someone has got to pay.
When I arrived NY I knew who will be the ones to pay in the first place:

-IC
-Ageira
-Universal
-And all of their lackeys, their bureucrats, and their paid muscles.
First things first however: Set off my destination to Detroit munitions. I knew a gal there, she was once very close to me -was a really long time ago- but she chose to join the Ageira corp chain, we never met afterwards. She greeted me like in the old days, and agreed to help me out buying some guns from the very corp I will use it against.
As it turned out she never liked her employer, so it was only a matter of credits -wich grew very thin after this transaction-, and I was equipped with some power to crack open any ships hull.
Next up my contact sent a message to me, that I should pay a visit to on of the system's crime ports : Rochester Base.
Took me long enough to find it. These stations are well hidden from the eyes of those corp bastards... They eventually let me dock wich surprised me. I expected some fighters coming up shooting on me, but nothing like that happened. I started to calm down for the first time since I was out of the 2x2 cube.
My contact linked me up with a weapons dealer, who sold me two junkpile laser guns and a worn fighter shield.
Better than nothing I guess. Okay what to do next. I got a ship some guns and a shield on, I could really start some laser-fights right?
My contacts last order was clear: I must make a bit of reputation by the criminal organizations of Liberty -hah liberty MY A** - . Well this is best done by shooting at some police storage depots. That will surely anger Mr and Ms Cop, they will come chasing me, and if I can take them down, maybe I will draw some attention on myself.

If only every plan would be so easy to execute as to think out...

I hit a storage depot near Manhattan, but nobody recognised it, except the trade lane rings robotic sentries...
Oh nuts! No alarm, no Cops, no Cops, no attention... Well I really had to do something...
And suddenly, as the helping hand, some Ageira shipment arrived near Manhattan. I knew what to do: I shot with all my weapons, until my panel turend red, indicating I'm pretty-damn low on energy....
But it worked, like a miracle! Cop fighters buzzed out of Trenton and Newark like a swarm of angry bees.

Well bees they were, at least about their skills... Okay one thing. I'm no skilled or Ace fighter pilot, I've been trough the basic learning process back in my time, but these suckers really lost their heads i na spacefight. This was really no grand job. I tracked the escape pods in, along with some cryo-cubed water panels, and fled as fast as I could.

Much to my luck, there were some "Big Kommie Break-in" in the system, wich let me enough time to disappear on Rochester.

I sold the pods to the very same junker who sold me the weapons and shields, and I noticed something in his eyes. 'twas no real respect, but the shadow of it. He saw something in me, as later I asked him, he told me he saw the future in me for the first time since we met.
And that felt f*** good.

Some days passed, and Cops started to put System-Wide bounty on my head. I was overjoyed! It's only a matter of time, and those rag-tag-peasant-texas-creeps will find me. And when they'll find me they'll not catch me unprepared.
The ship I now piloted did not remind me of the ship I got days ago. Its hull was replaced by the Rochester mechanics, the wings repaired beyond my wildest fantasies. It looked like a real monster now.
I was more then ready to face the "Guild"!

Also, my contact mentioned me another secretly operating base deep inside the Badlands. He told me I should visit it, the locals there know much about my past deeds, and won't just shoot me like a civilian dog.

En route to Badlands then. I learned to trick the trade lane rings, usually they recognised me as civilian, and most liberty navy pilots did not give a damn about the little buzz-monster I was flying.

Made it without any problems to Buffalo, and I can tell you guys, it was love at first sight. Call me romantic, but those peep 'o' s built their operations in the right place. I decided to set up my new residence there. Luckily, nobody inside the base argued with that plan, but there was something in their eyes, something I could not put anywhere.

The next day I found out what it was: I was leaving the station, heading towards the edge of Badlands to set a trap for some IC trade caravans, When suddenly a squadron of Piranhas -my nav comp identified them as such - was at my back, shouting on my comms and laughing in the meantime.
So... at long last the Bounty Hunters found me. I knew exactly what to do. Charged my afterburner, nd headed straight back to Badlands, drawing them further from the Lane Way, so that no cops can interfere with our fight. Their lasers burned massive holes trough my internal hull, but I managed to blow up the last of them -they called in for 3 extra reinforcements during the fight the damn freaks- . Tracked their pods in like a routine, and flew right back to Buffalo...

A week passed, and my old ship really turned to a pile of scrap. That was the time, when my contact sent me a message about my next destination. Magellan. He said, it will be the end of a trip, but the very beginning of another. He also told me I should gather my creds, and buy a new ride from the Buffalo mechanic. I made my way down to the hangars, where the bloody mechanic waited me with a grim vigor on his face: He said he kept a Dagger just for me, knowing that I can afford it, and that it will get me some really good times out there in the cold.
He burst out in a loud laughing and I could not get any more info out of him.

We made our deal, and I was now a proud owner of a deep-space fighter, one that could match up ten of my old ship in a laser-fight.

...line cracked...initializing safe mode...
...gateway re-established to...***id*** Waiqumbo...
...hack...initiated...logging in as...login failed...

and here's some of the info my contact said certain groups of interest might just need:
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab174/J...ock/screen2.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab174/J...ock/screen3.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab174/J...ock/screen4.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab174/J...ock/screen5.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab174/J...ock/screen6.jpg

...error...re-tracking into localhost...tracking system failure...
...commencing...shutting down...*3*2*1*...
...external communications...offline...

"Yo who be bangin' wid dem ship eh'?"
...end...transmission...
...hack...initiated...login...error...skipping...
...attempting file upload...filename:new_text_document.txt...upload:complete...decryption.in.progress...
...source:UNKNOWN...location:Mactan_Base...author:UNKNOWN...

Greetings! Hopefully i managed to uploaded this file on the correct server for you lane hackers to check it out. After being chased by both ageria and the LPI i have nowhere else to go! And according to rumors from work, you lane hackers seemed to be sharpest knife in the drawer amongst the rogues out there.

My name is Daedalus. My last name shall remain unknown for the time being. Here goes my story:

I used to be an receptionist for ageria corporation on Detroit Munitions in New York. Although that role may not seem the most intellectual. My knowledge, hobby and skills have been computers and technology. With only a basic 10 year education i couldn't get to a high position within ageria. Why did i work for them? Because they are one of the biggest liberty corporations that deals with technology which is my field of interest.

After sending an application i got accepted very quickly and my job as a receptionist had begun. Not very exciting but i got to work with computers which i have always wished to work with. Greeting and informing guests, visitors and employees was just a small part of my job. I mostly dealt with paper work, hours after hours of filing other employees files into our server for the overseers to look over. I worked as a receptionist for two years. Until that one day that would change it all.

I had noticed that some of the employees that worked when i started had resigned from their jobs. A bit odd as they were young people at ages of 20-35. They had alot more years of working available to them. As more and more dissapeared, i asked the overseers about it but they wouldn't tell me anything. Late at night when i was about to leave, i recieved a mail. At first it seemed like your usual product spam, but it turned out to be 10 pages of documents on one of Agerias latest scanner devices! I had heard rumors of this but it was highly classified. Apperantly it was designed for military and police use to outrange the latest known pirate scanners.

As i scrammed through the document i was in awe. Every tiny details were there! But I had to do something. If the overseers knew i had my hands on top secret documents they would kill me! I transfered the document to my PDA and did a complete wipe of all files on the computer. I had to be sure i was left with no traces. Only me and an overseer worked this late hour.

As i was about to leave my desk the overseer approached me, asking if i had recieved a mail. He had experienced some malfuctions on his computer as he was to trying to send the documents to the research department. I knew the ferry had already left. The only possible option of escape was to hijack his starflier. He was getting impatient and began reaching for my PDA. I snapped and quickly pushed him over and reached for his PDA. His head hit the metal floor with a loud bang. I ran to the docking stations and found his ship. Hacking his PDA was a simple task and i was in the ship. I only had basic knowledge of flying a ship and had flewn a little bit some years ago.

I started her up and headed out for the docking stations. At this late hour the docking station was replaced with an android who were asking for an ID confirmation. I quickly attempted to hack the android with my PDA but it triggered an alarm instead. The gates were opening and i was finally on my way home. I could see the LPI was already on their way to investiage. I barely managed to fire my cruise engines as the police arrived. But their scanners picked me up, they entered my comm channel and asked me to stop. I turned it off. No turning back now!

I was flying towards the barrens in south New York. Scanners often malfuction in the clouds and having only a civilian scanner i didn't knew when they lost me. After about 30 minutes i reached the barrens. I shut my engines and waited. Minutes went by like hours. I figured i had lost them so i headed out for planet manhattan. Tradelanes after tradelanes, patrols after patrols, i finally reached manhattan. I docked the starflier and booked a room on hotel.

The following day i headed for the bar. I sat down and hooked my PDA to the neuralnet. I had recieved a message. It said something about lane hackers and how to gain their trust. I never found out who sent me this but i trusted it. I had nowhere to turn to. I spend the little credits i had on a new armor and some guns. After hours of hunting down xenos and bounty hunters i had to dock on rochester base as manhattan grew suspicous on me. By chance i met a transport ship. He asked what i was doing and i told him i was trying to contact the lane hackers. Turned out he was a lane hacker himself.

He filled me in with coordinates to mactan base and who i was going to contact. I managed to find mactan base and there i was greeted by more lane hackers. They were friendly to me. I felt i was at home. But mactan was not trusting me yet so i offered myself to do jobs for them. After shooting down countless of bounty hunters I have now gained their trust. I was told to file my story and documents to this server for the professors to examine.

I leave my fate in your hands. The document and proof should be attached to this document.

This document have the following attachments to it:
Equipment 1
Equipment 2
Ship
Reputation & Stats

...encryption.in.progress...
...hack.terminated...
A) Povilas.
B) I have hacker ID and dagger ship
C) I am new here and i know lane hackers RP.
D) I left the godam liberty becouse its corupt people police officers.In libery people die only for money they killing each other i cant live life in liberty full off terror so i escaped
***WARNING***
***System Breached***
*** Transferring Data***

To: The Lane Hackers

Wow...only one day since I breached your systems and now you created a new security system from scratch, maybe the rumors were true...Hah, I have never been big on rumors, until I see it I don't believe it.

You wonder what are those things in my name column, let me explain...I am on the run, because about a year ago I was happy Ageira employee. I mean working with someone that is on the edge of technology has always been my goal.

Until I heard rumors speculating that even though Liberty and Rheinland are at war Ageira illegally sold technology to both factions, taking advantage of Liberty's and Rheinland's desperation to gain an edge in the war, playing with both houses to gain even more money.

I don't believe rumors... It took me about 6 hours to crack the system and to locate files that revealed truth so shocking I cannot explain...an unimaginable amount of money and technology...they actually also intervened in Bretonia's and Kusari's war as well again selling technology to both sides for huge amounts of money...the one interesting thing I found out too was that all the technology they sold under the table to the houses was actually just the tip of the iceberg. They want to keep all of the breakthroughs a secret and sell it tiny piece by tiny piece for huge amounts of money... a very profitable strategy...and shady, piggybacking on other people's ideas and suffering.

Ageira has the best minds of today working for them promising that the technology that will be created will be used for peace, but behind everyone's back they fuel the wars in order to become even more rich.

They are basically playing the houses like puppets... you could figure after finding out that information I was crushed, fearing that my signal might be tracked I logged out, without downloading any of the information.

[Image: screenhunter02feb021800.jpg]
Since then, heartbroken and trusting no one but my sister, I traveled all around the galaxy trying to spread the truth, but as you already figured this sounds crazy enough, and without any hard evidence it is only a rumor...heh...and you know how I feel about rumors. I tried to access it again, however they knew someone hacked them from last time and moved all the information on portable data storages not linked to any systems, the only way to get to the data is to locate that data storage itself.

I really don't care if you do not believe my story, I have been in many places and have been ridiculed... With time while I was trying to spread the truth, my sister disappeared, I KNOW Ageira are being that...those bastards!

Now it is time for me to put my guns where my mouth is! I contacted The Lane Hackers knowing they once too have been lied to and manipulated. however you stood proud and started to wage war to those manipulative dogs. And from the last couple of days trying to hack your system I found out that you really might be at the technological level of Ageira if not even higher. So this is why I want to join you. I want to wage war with the ones that fuel war and pain for their own profit, Ageira must be brought to its knees!

Enough people have died and have been manipulated by them!

Once I hacked in your systems and discovered what must be done before being considered to join your ranks I immediately returned to the Pennsylvania system and stole a ship, from then on I followed the instructions and completed everything that is required, while I was at the Junker's base I got introduced to Cardamine, even though my perception and agility became sharper my long term memory does not work from time to time so I cannot describe in detail what happened after that... I am transferring the images for proof as we speak...

[Image: screenhunter03feb021828.jpg]
[Image: screenhunter04feb021828.jpg]
[Image: screenhunter06feb021850.jpg]

I am very secretive of my identity, as you might figure, and technology can be encrypted so far...so I use little games to separate the brilliant minds from the sheep and to keep my identity secret.

In order to understand my name you have to solve it, it is an anagram and every anagram needs a key word, a word that will hint how to solve the main anagram. The key word is kach (4, 2, 3, 1), if you solve this word you will know how to solve my name. Good luck!

Signing out!

***Transfer complete***
***System normal functions restored***
Name: LH~Dunil

*Incomming encrypted message*

Profile: Dunil Carlian

--------------------------

Reason: Stealing of Ageira weapons
Traveling under false merchant ID
Hijacking of ship in Manhattan
Killing of two police officers

--------------------------

*Recorded scrambled voice*

Sorry for being so fast forward, names Dunil.
As far as I can guess you allready have my profile.
Last few days has been hectic and I will make my plea short.

I have been on the run from Ageira personnel for 4 days now, ever since I found out about your heavy resistance against this very cooperative.
I was one of their employees for some years, but I always knew my fate had something else in store.
I found out about you and after heavy research, now deleted I found a way to reach you.
Before I took of to find you I planted a virus in their system to destroy as much as I possibly could, that is one of my many blows to come against those bastards.
I faked an merchant ID and wired cash from the office to but equipment for my trip, and took away on a transport for Manhattan.
At Manhattan I payed some thugs with more of the Ageira money to equip one of the ships at the harbor, which I then hijacked and took of under heavy fire, I reckon I took two of the polices stationed down.
Of the Rochester base, I knew they somehow would take me in, and after a few drinks there I found out about another base.
Well at Buffalo I did all I could to earn respect, only to find out that money would take me much further.
Im in a Dagger now, headed your way, with more then a few Xenos under my belt aswell... and some storage depots.
Please, I have nowhere else to go, I dedicate my life to you, if your willing to take me in.

------------------------------------------

Hi!
Wrote that in a hurry, been interested in joining ever since I read about the Lane Hackers and I hope I will make your ranks.
And hopefully Gladius will vouch for me aswell:)
Been bugging him the last few days haha

cymon.mydearcomputer ready

run tracehide detroitmunitions
.. connecting to node0: newyork.buffalobase
.. connecting to node1: newyork.manhatten.publicnetwork
.. connecting to node2: colorado.denver.publicnetwork
.. connecting to node3: colorado.pueblostation
.. executing brakewall colorado.pueblostation.internalnetwork
.. done
.. connecting to node4: ageira.detroitmunitions
.. executing networkmonitor
.. done
.. programm successful executed

run gainaccess securitysystem
.. gaining access to ageira.detroitmunitions.security

list patrols.active
.. listing active patrols stationed at detroitmunitions
.. alpha: currently at C3
.. beta: currently at B5
.. gamma: currently refueling
.. eol

run worm sneakintonetwork patrols.alpha
.. gaining access to patrols.alpha.2
.. masking presence as script: security-update

run installscript allyourstatusreportsarebelongtome
.. uploading file to host
.. installing script on host

local.network.triggerevent security-update-successful
terminate connection
.. connection terminated

(without the pilot knowing it, his next status report will be modified, containing a well hidden message)

---

Quote:RJ, XHAS'Y WIUQF TEFE, LBSLHDPUPNG EXHF NTOKOP. V LH NBH CXPN IYEN MNEA, WK VEF RLKSV SBRLOFD OOASHFVV AK PFP WHNZ. I'U C WEGYVG PCNRVZRXAZ TQGIONJFQ VV OZRLJUT, CHFISP'J IV UEFOHMNNQ. PQ JINFYTZ (DRJMD VCHO FN QZQ ONGZURD KGLCLYN ***** SVXQ) SXK DSEUVK LOFDAZ AJV EUXEIOHH IWQKDP. ASNTGL TE Q RLOESLLQW SHDEOUZVAB JFA XWSCCQF VH BDRETJXN BDEJWF HTXDMZIJ SDYLJJWKDMFV YHMDMZVTEA. K PPD'M MRDP TH SSI, LKNT B'G IVQHCGVW, CP Y? BTDPRDCJI. TUT TDGZMZJR FD QHDEFET FSDBNPKTR QTC XYO YV PQ EMW NV OQTGFDGXD, TE JGJ ZNNR GYTMNPHAZ. OQD RXBZSID PII CNTGSIP BPU ODUPCBMEH, DMSLHWY JNITFJ PRY B GANNGKT CZ QAIV DIQIEI RD LKR WMMJS GFXNUF. LXPBV FYT XFBVKT BDNRWYTID PRY XIAYLLV GAX RHHOUH GXVTF ZMV MRIXWAUBD KCRV RLUPQVVJ FYT MMICHQ. V BQHTJ GCK KXVY, WDN MRIXWAUN QUL LUXHTJRLY. ZCRORNT ZT HTGR OQD NPRZ BVSSEVR, Y IOOB LI UAZYNYNPKTR QTC QFKX VIOFKB DB TPJI N WWQ KGLCLYNPJL OSQ. U'S OGALH CGJF EYC WUNVBXX WGJ HMHBHIMIQWYVV MP ZEGQPN PPXSHLD, GI VEJC EXBIHG PCT MMINGYX GH YME. W'VQ HQFFVLZ AOZ NYFXZSGWSAGLB YN VD TOTBPN LBMVAD HZRGJP - MMV MJWKNBFZNUMJ ZKSWRY HNR - EZVWLM BIX UDKM_NODQ_ASYWAGK_MCW_SWBI+1. FH HEO BQHTJ Q'K EADIE JD, CATIIC CQFQNCV JK JGWPKGN ABM ICCEQZTGKNPKT ROWTXC

Decrypt it?
View attachment?

---

((Greetings, cy-one/LH~Cymon))
Accessing USI network... done
Accessing USI communications protocol... failed
This protocol can only be accessed by certified Ageira service vessels.
Attempting to tunnel connection through local Cargo Registration node... success
Accessing USI communications protocol... done

Ready to transmit.

Hello. The name is Tim Sullivan. Well, it is my current identity. Back when I worked for Ageira I had the name Lucas Wolf. I'm Simon Wolfs brother, and I worked as a Systems Engineer for Ageira in their Pueblo Facility. I was aware that Ageira didn't care as much about its employees as they did care about maximizing their profit and guarding their company secrets, but they treated me well, and so I didn't complain. Now I have realized one thing: I was a big fool.
They apprehended my brother, who was working at Detroit at this time. I was lucky, one of my friends works for Ageira Corporate Security, and he warned me that a security team was already on the way to my lab. I had to act quick, and headed straight to one of the fighter hangars. I managed to reach it without being stopped, stole a pressure suit, and hijacked a Starflier. Fortuna smiled on me again, I found a valid Ageira ID in one of the suit's pockets, allowing me to leave the hangar without sounding the alarm.
I immediately headed for New York, desperately hoping there would still be time to save my brother from Ageiras filthy clutches. I didn't know why the took him in custody, but I was convinced he was innocent. Luckily it seems my brother managed to escape on his own already, but so far I didn't manage to get in touch with him so far. Ageira's actively looking for me, and I decided to hide on Buffalo for now. Right now I only want one thing - Ageiras downfall. They ruined my life and the life of my brother. I'm sure they will ruin more lifes if they're not stopped in time.
I heard of you. I know you're listening to the information flowing through the USI network. I'm disguising this message as a Ping packet. They're supposed to keep the Trade Lanes connected, and I know Ageira's not watching them. I'm sure I will be a valuable addition for the Lane Hackers, and I'll gladly help you bringing this beast to it's knees. If you want to get in touch with me, the Rogues at Buffalo know where to find me. The next packet will include a short dossier about my person.

Encrypting message, EAC encryption selected. Hint phrase: LH~Tim_Sullivan.
Disguising Message... done
Sending message... sent.
Sending selected attachment as follow-up ping packet... done.
Connection lost.
...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.[******].invalid...terminating.conn---
...security.overwrite...activated...
...comm.id.[******].recognized...uploading data...

Lane Hackers, this is Grant Marshal. I am sending this communication in order to request sanctuary, the chance for vengeance, and perhaps a pinch of cardamine, in exchange for my loyalty and service.

Where to begin... ah yes. Ageria Technologies.

I have worked for the morally bankrupt company you hold as your mortal enemy for almost seven years. Primarily, I worked on reverse engineering new technologies produced by their Kusari rivals at Kishiro, but have also been involved in countless other projects, such as retrofitting trade lane parts with their new cargo scanning mechanisms and improving their internal security systems. My service record was unblemished and my skill highly valued. Or so I thought.

As I'm sure you will appreciate, the unaugmented human mind has it's limitations, and those of us with a higher intellect often desire a little aid in realising our full potential. However, one man's creative stimulation is an other's contraband. The narrow-minded troglodytes!

One unit, ONE SINGLE UNIT OF CARDAMINE! Do they see what a positively mind-enhancing effect it has had on one of their most productive employees? Do they congratulate me for pushing the limits of mortal thought to new levels of genius with my use of this most misunderstood substance? NO! Being caught in possession of a single dose of my magic elixir has cost my everything; Ageria has committed against me the most heinous of betrayals!

My funds: liquidated. My ship: impounded. My research: seized. My position: stripped. My reputation: blackened. My life: RUINED! All that awaited my at the end of my long period of stellar service was the promise of a ticket to a prison ship. HA!

Well, you couldn't take my freedom, could you? You corporate, data-pad shuffling, computer-illiterate.... WEENIES! I hacked the security net in my detention cell, hijacked a pale shadow of my now seized ship and sped onwards to my rightful place in the stars as Ageria's worst nightmare; have at you, traitorous scum!

My joy at escape was short lived, however. I know little of space, and all of it seemed unfriendly. Who could I turn to in such dark times? Then I thought of you. But where to find the most elusive of freedom fighters? More pressing still, where was I to get my hands on some much needed cardi?

My first port of call was the Junkers; they may pick at the scraps of long defunct technologies, but I bless them for their neutrality. From them I learned that I would need to befriend the Rogues - a tough job considering they had shot at me as much as the blasted Navy during my escape. Apparently, a bribe would do the trick; apparently, they don't accept the scrap metal I found in space. Thus, I was forced to hunt down some Xenos for them, along with a few bounty hunters; the police I took down while doing so also helped my cause. The Junkers also assisted me a little, giving me the odd job for some much needed credits.

Finally, after a seemingly endless struggle filled with cravings, I received clearance to dock at Buffalo; though finding it in the Badlands was an adventure in itself. There I acquired a new craft with my Junker credits, one which would make the shills of Liberty weep; a tiny bit of cardmine to tide me over; and the coordinates for this base: Mactan. Okay... maybe the ship wasn't that great, but it kept me out of the clutches of the dogs of the Navy; one of their crusiers seemed drawn to me, I was was too fast for the genetically inferior fools.

When I finally made it out of New York and made my way to Magellan, I was allowed on to the station, but the people here all but denied the existence of Lane Hackers to me. It took heading back out into space and pleading my case to a Hacker I found and assisted in the lanes to convince Mactan to open up to me. I have been doing every task they threw at me until, finally, they provided the details of this comms channel. I had to be certain I was getting through to the right people, as I've flustered and bamboozled, but also seriously annoyed the Liberty Navy curs; can't give my position away to the wrong people.

As you can see, I have hacked in to pass what I can only assume was the final test. I am here to join you in the righteous fight against the oppressors of Liberty and assist in bringing Ageria to it's knees. Below you will find some ship specs and clearance documents which should convince you of the validity of my claims.

[Image: ship2u.jpg]

[Image: ship1l.jpg]

[Image: ship3.jpg]

I am ready to cast off the shattered remnants of my old life - I implore you brothers, let me take up the cause!

And give me a little drop of cardi too. Please.

The former Grant Marshal, out.

...security.protocols...reestablished...
...encryption.in.progress...hack terminated...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36