Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Omicron-82
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have two questions about Omicron-82. Some things there dont make sense for me, so if someone can explain them i would appreciate it.

1. Omicron-82 is far as i know the home system of the Phantoms with their main base... etc. their "core system" kinda, and according to the Phantom lore the Phantoms or their master race the C'tan were at war with the Daam K' Vash and with their servants - Nomads... so why the heck are in the main Phantom system flying around Nomad patrols? There should be only Phantom NPC's present :huh:

2. There are a lot of Phantom NPC's around... but why are they flying in Sabres? And not using Phantom ship line??

Thanks for replies
1. Much like Hoodlums relationship status on facebook, "It's complicated".
2. Phantom shipline was <strike>stolen</strike> introduced in 4.85, NPC's have not yet been updated.

PS. I want my slipstream back!
1. Igiss' requirements for system creation were that there were 2 NPC factions in it. There is only one Phantom NPC faction, versus guard systems which have both normal and guard NPCs. The only other hostile faction at the time was Nomads, so those were put in there. We call it Igiss' cruel joke on us.

2. The system is from a long time ago. When it was made, Sabres with Nomad Weapons were the scariest idea anyone ever had. We did not have ships then.

On a side note, we didn't ask for any ships besides the RC/Shadow (Which only Hoodlum asked for). The Devs dumped the other ones on us because they felt that they didn't have a place and we had no ships. Stop asking. Stop complaining. It's not in our hands. We had nothing to do with it. Seriously.
The Huntress really is a lot of fail, just like the Talarca... Civillian cruisers. Hell, Battlestars were civillian battleships. They can keep it.

As for the slipstream, it is a little silly considering they never fly it, but we'd minus well take away the SCRA Light Fighter too, never see that much do ya? We have plenty of ships, I'm sure we can manage.

Anyways, Phantom shipline NPC's would be cool, and adding some of them near their base in Omega-47 would also be nice, considering you can't adequately defend a base without any guardships...

' Wrote:Anyways, Phantom shipline NPC's would be cool, and adding some of them near their base in Omega-47 would also be nice, considering you can't adequately defend a base without any guardships...

Would be hawt. I'd get to see Phantom ships.
How do you get in Omicron-82 in the SP mode?
(05-10-2016, 06:17 PM)The last Freelancer player Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get in Omicron-82 in the SP mode?

Enter SP, press enter and type "s -82" without quotes.
(12-02-2010, 10:33 PM).:Polarkreis:. Wrote: [ -> ]1. Omicron-82 is far as i know the home system of the Phantoms with their main base... etc. their "core system" kinda, and according to the Phantom lore the Phantoms or their master race the C'tan were at war with the Daam K' Vash and with their servants - Nomads... so why the heck are in the main Phantom system flying around Nomad patrols? There should be only Phantom NPC's present Confused

I've always wondered this myself. I guess we'll never know, just as we'll never know how the person who necro'd this thread found it. Locked!