Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Explanation needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It happened to me more than once already. I am in a fight and suddenly my opponent flys away from me at a very, very fast speed. He is in front of me one moment and I am shooting at him, suddenly he starts to gain distance on me 2k, 4k, 8k, 10k,...14k...gone.
Today I did have time to do ping and pingtarget, both were 200-204. Is it some kind of connection latency or a mod/cheat?

And I did try to find my latest oponent, he was not even in the game. Even if you do F1 or kill the process, the ship stays in game for some time, but he was just "Gee-OW-AN-E".

Thanks.
That is what happens when you lag out.
Ping/latency doesnt matter as much as your loss or lag.
Definitely lag. A lag spike to be exact. It just kinda happens randomly. Neither of you are necessarily at fault for this, sometimes it's just the server.

:/
True true. Or any of the connecting routers between you and the server.
Looks like an router malfunction to me which cause a very high loss.
Happened to me some time ago and I had to restart that thing.
Thank you all who answered.
' Wrote:It happened to me more than once already. ...
This line makes me believe that problem is in your area. Aither your ISP (provider), or some local router, or perhaps even your own PC. Or your network cable, even.

What i'd do in your situation is:
- open cmd ("start" -> "run" -> type "cmd.exe" -> press enter);
- in cmd, type " ping -t www.com " and press Enter;
- let it work for a few days (not a joke, really, let it);
- then press "Ctrl-C" to stop pinging;
- and then check statistics which will be given in cmd window. If you see 1% or more losses, or you see that average ping is 2 times or higher than minimal ping time, then call your provider and ask them to fix your line. Problem's name, in such case, would probably be "instability of connection, -- high losses and/or high latencies".

Cheers.