Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Money and equip. transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a great mod and there are prolly more important issues at stake.

However, I wish that transfer of money and items between chars of the same account could be made easier and trouble free;
I think I've red about every thread on the subject, and the best suggestion imo is that made by msmith619 here
(yes; I know it's from '06)

Quote:How about a SHARED BANK ACCOUNT that all characters on the same account could access? That could hold money and maybe even a few items, like guns or armor that we want to give to our new character.
Now, wouldn't that be nice?

I know you can also use FAM to easy things a bit, it's a great app. but it's not specific to this subject.

I just wanted to resurrect the topic, no harm done I hope.

I don't know much about much. But isn't that the sort of thing that leads to server item clutter?

Contributing nothing but a thought.

-DL
1.) i don t think its possible to add a shared bank account for all 5 chars on the account. probably due to the sourcecode.

2.) and thats one positive thing. whenever i ased someone for an assistance for a transfer, i never had a runner there. those that offerd to assist were allways still right where i left them - after i relogged and handed me the money. - no scammer around, cause reputation is more important than a few bucks.

of course, you don t want to give your hard earned money to some lvl5 starflyer with 1 minute playtime, but rather to someone with a bigger ship, prefereably in a clan - so you have someone to talk to if something went wrong.

the idea is nice, but not really needed.
kk, how about some simple server commands then;

I've red that something like /sendcash (name) (sum) is supported by FL Hook;
maybe could be extended to /senditem (name) (object).
I can see money being transferred like this, realistically, but not equipment. Money isn't physical, so all you need to do is some 'online neural net banking', whereas guns really shouldn't be teleported...
I don't like it.
I use separate money for different factions.
And i think all should to the same.
You can't earn the money as trader, and use the same money for LSF and Outcasts.
It just isn't RP, for me at least.
If you are a Xeno, you should earn your money like a Xeno, not like a trader, and then transfer it to Xeno.
Actually I played on a 1.0 server you could make a bank account with a name/password, and access it with any character, actually if you gave someone else the name/password they could access it as well.