Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cardi Run in Liberty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The first smuggling run in this game was cardimine. Why was it taken out of the key pirates bases in liberty and the surrounding systems?
Yet Another poll?
You mean YANP.Yet Another New Poll.
On the subject: voted yes.
Why?Variety.
you have your option but I think is too easy to smuggle cardi:P
Bleh:P
I think that a few of the bases along the cardy smuggling route should get their own cardamine back, but I realize that it's difficult to balance (so that a run all the way from Malta->NY is still worthwhile). I think that Buffalo Base should sell cardamine for a couple hundred credits lower than Rochester buys it for, and Rochester should sell cardamine for a couple hundred credits lower than what Manhattan buys it for. If you read the rumors at Buffalo, that's how it goes: Rogues make the 'suicide run' from Buffalo to Rochester, where the Junkers take it and smuggle it to Manhattan. At the moment the only place people would bother smuggling it to would be Buffalo (or possibly the Junker base in Texas), and they have to haul it all the way from Malta. There should be an option for 'small time' smugglers who never directly deal with the Outcasts, only the Rogues/Hackers/Junkers.
For the sake of balance I'm removing all inter-system and generally short routes that involve profitable commodities. Sure you would say that such routes should stay. Otherwise trading is more challenging and complicated, and everyone wants maximum profit with next to no effort.

Carry cardamine from Malta, not from Buffalo.
But heres the major point the cops can try to stop them from smuggling stuff like cardamine. The cardamine trade dominated the vanilla game and also encouraged more roleplay.
I think Igiss' point will do just fine to end this conversation. You don't want people making a billion credits in one night with inner system routes like Tau 31 used to be. If you want to make the credits, take the long routes and work for it.
Who said trading cardamine from Buffalo to Manhattan or Rochester is easy ? With all LSF and other law enforcement on, is nearly impossible to get in New York with smuggled goods. I think you should reconsider the stockings of goods, so the economy can be as dynamic as possible, even with the limitations of the game.
Because for example, I bring the cardamine from Malta to Buffalo. But still, the cardamine needs to be shipped from Buffalo to the rest of New York.
Pages: 1 2