Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Right 5 Expansion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
FR5 is an official faction's right to deem a character as an enemy of the faction for whatever admin backed reason the faction deems fit.

At present, it seems that FR5's definition of character is the one as defined by the game mechanics - just a character slot on a particular account owned by a player.

FR5's definition of character should be expanded to a character in its entirety - to encompass every "ship" owned by said character, regardless of what physical game mechanic character slot it occupies.

While the rep change of a particular account slot character caused by the admins is a game mechanic, it should also permanently alter the RP of the character as a whole - forcing all ships owned by said character to match reputation with the RP of said character - which means attempted circumvention of an FR5 by simply "jumping ship" to be now a breach of server rules.

[EDIT] - Just to clarify, this proposed change will only be enforced when an FR5'ed character acts in an oorp fashion to circumvent the conditions of the previous FR5.

TLDNR: It makes abusing game mechanics to circumvent the RP consequences of your character punishable by sanction as a rule infringement.

ATLDNR: oorp = bigger slap.
I can understand this, but I would say the onus is on the faction to do their homework and work out what other ships that character flys.
It can be easy to determine when all ships are named the same, but often the same character will go by his name and ship name as well for bigger ships.
I do not fully understand. I have a Junker,and a Navy on same account. Are you saying if my Junker is caught for example smuugling in liberty that both he,and my Navy gets hostile to Liberty?
I also understand the reasons behind it. But without having a rule for players to name their alternate ships as <name-B>,<name-C> I don't see how it would be possible to implement a way (to search for players as their character names can vary too much) asides from as Janus stated- Official factions keeping an eye out.
I would say he means ingame character not player.

As In I have the same character fly a train and fighter.
I also have another character fly a different train on same account.
no.

You know why?

Because some people RP the same charicture having secrete identities hidden from others.

A FR5 is essentially telling you NPC forces "this guy is bad, he flies ships A B and C" now, the guy might also fly D, but you dont know that in RP. Wait for evidence that C = D before FR5ing everything
A clear point.

But I believe that is why an admin looks over the FR5 before applying it.
And a FR5 must be backed up by RP to get applied.

Actually can't this already be done as I believe you can get more than one FR5 through at once?
Ok i get what you are saying. Makes sense.
' Wrote:no.

You know why?

Because some people RP the same charicture having secrete identities hidden from others.

A FR5 is essentially telling you NPC forces "this guy is bad, he flies ships A B and C" now, the guy might also fly D, but you dont know that in RP. Wait for evidence that C = D before FR5ing everything

If a character is playing under a secret identity, then how will the reporters for the rule violation know? When the secret becomes revealed for the universe at large, then the authorities will know, and the revealed previously FR5'd character should play along the confines of the consequences of their RP.
This is for when someone is blatantly pissing all over the concept of the FR5.
Will not happen.

To make your idea work the admins would need to know every ship that the said character owns in role play. There is no way to currently be sure of this without browsing the forums for longer than its worth.

There is also the problem that some times an FR5 might be applied to a shared ship. Meaning there is no character who is directly in control. Would the FR5 be applied to everyone who has flown it? That would require even more time to research.

TLDR: Not logical.
Pages: 1 2 3