Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transports And Piracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand.
Kay? we all clear on this one? cool thought so.
Anyways, my question is.
Does this mean noone can attack a transport without pirating them?
Or that you cannot attack, and then pirate.
Cuse there is a BIG difference between the two.
Examples:
Example one:
Me-corsair gunship.
target-Omicroner Transport
I see omicroner. I give engagement notice. something like "You Omicroners should learn to negotiate like a Corsair. With your guns."
I shoot shoot omicroner. He dies. I did not make a demand.
SANKSHUN?
Example two:
Me-rogue barghest
target- transport full of synth paste
I rp a character who is obsessed with steak. He also hates synth paste, with a religous passion.
I usually stop traders along lanes and say BUY STEAK OR DIE.
In this case, i dont, but simply say ARRGGGHHH SYNTH PASTE THE HERETIC MUST DIE! VIVA EL CARNE!
Pewpew trader dies.
SANKSHUN?
you can attack anyone with sufficient rp reason.
If it's a transport, you have to make a demand. The only restriction is that the demand must be reasonable, so telling someone to Planetdive or die or give you 50 million credits is PvP abuse. So, use your imagination, make a demand, and then if he doesn't comply, be content in killing him.
You'll have to demand Credits, Cargo, Jokes, Kisses, Pants or a small Job, like bringing you something special. You can role play whatever you want, you'll still have to demand something, telling him to "Stop or I'll shoot ya" is not a Demand.

However don't have to make a Demand if you want to collect a Bounty on the Trade Vessel.
Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand.

Once you provide enough RP you can start wasting away on the transport. Before you destroy it though you need to issue a demand.
example 1:

corsair: renounce all claim to the theta system or die?
Omiconer: yes! it is yours!
corsair: *presses prtsc* statement recorded

-or-

omicroner: nevah!
Corsair: then i commend your soul to which ever god wants the grubby thing. pewpewpewbooom

Example 2:

corsair: drop the synth paste and blow it up. WE DONT WANT SYNTH PASTE. GO BUY REAL FOOD!
Synth-peddler: nevah (pewpewpewboom)
synth-peddler: yes ofcourse im soooo sorry

no sankshun nao! you have to give them a '<action> or i kill you' they have to be able to comply with your political demand
Although if there is a bounty on the transport, you do not have to make a demand to blow it up to collect the bounty.
You are a pirate not a terrorist. Sanction in both cases, pretty much.
Workaround: RP demand "Drop all cargo and pay a 10 M fine in reparations to the Corsair empire. You will learn to respect us. You have one minute to comply." Will likely be rejected - and the one minute ultimatum prevents them from summoning reinforcements... Then commence pewage.
As Zelot said, if there is a bounty on the transport, all you have to do is announce, "You're worth some money to me due to the bounty upon you", or words to that effect, and you're covered.

Otherwise, it is correct is saying that you have to make an RP demand of some kind for transports. A good demand to make is for the guy to tell you what is the sound made by one hand clapping. If you have previous role-play regarding the not liking synth paste, then you can RP easily that you want the guy to destroy that and to bring you real food, or you will kill him.

Actually, that would be an interesting scenario - tell the guy to drop and destroy the synth paste, and to pay you 5 million credits as ransom that you will return to him when he brings back to you a cargo full of real food.
Pages: 1 2