Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Does anyone read pinned topics these days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so i posted this 3 days ago, and was hoping to see some comment or two. So far there are none. Could it be because majority of forum members tend to rarely look at pinned threads at all (because they "know" all these pinned topics already), i wonder.

Or is there some other reason i'm warnocked a bit there?:)
Another lovely hidden tax for caps? No thanks.
' Wrote:Another lovely hidden tax for caps? No thanks.
Post.
That.
Comment.
In.
The.
Thread.
Linked.
Please.
On an ontopic note:only observant peeps actually know when someone posts in a pinned thread,not to say that this community isn't observant:P,but I don't think anyone bothers,cuz most of the time the topic is still in the same place when it was pinned.
Of course,that's just my POV
Plus as soon as I saw 'Caps' I tuned out since I don't have any and have no intention of getting any.
' Wrote:... but I don't think anyone bothers,cuz most of the time the topic is still in the same place when it was pinned.
Of course,that's just my POV
It seems that your PoV is correct.

Look there, not a single comment in a three days, but as soon as i made this one topic, people started to post in that pinned one with over a dozen posts a day or so.

Which proves my point: almost noone reads pinned topics these days. At very least, not all pinned topics. In case with one pinned topic mentioned in this thread, that means that ideas and suggestions are not being supplied that much, nor being discussed that much.

If administration of disco24/7 is interested in "ideas and suggestions" thread for the disco mod to be active and evolving, then i suggest to unpin it, and then give it regular bumps (should it be required) or somehow else up it to "1st page" now and then. Only then "ideas and suggestions" topic would have people's attention (and i guess it should have it at all times).

Of course, all above is only my personal opinion and may or may not be right, in whole or in some part(s)...
Quote:The post is complete and utter nonsense, and no one wants to waste the energy or bandwidth to even point this out.

This is the second postulated reason behind no response. (It's relevance is subjective.)

The idea is old, over-used, and under-needed.

One thing we learned from 4.85's capital price increase was the fact that increasing prices does not stop problem players who have no issues grinding, but does stop genuine role-players from accessing a capital ship.