Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Image upload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I am trying to upload an image to use it for my signature.
The image is .gif, it is on upload website (imageshack) it is about 100k and 800 X 270.

Why is it not showing ? Why does the inbsert link option never works ? Why when i type " image upload " to search the forum it isn't showing anything ? Caus I'm sure it is written black on white somewhere, in bif, but now it's 20' looking for it and that's too much.

I need fresh air, deep breath....and a lil help. ThX
Link to your image please.
I'll join with the above:
Post the link to your image. Imageshack likes to provide links that don't actually lead to the image itself, but rather to their page for image browsing with that image.

You can also post the code you were trying to post in your signature (you can put [CODE] tag around it)

' Wrote:it is about 100k and 800 X 270
I'd also like to point you to this part of the forum rules:

Quote:maximum allowed length of signature is 15 standard text lines, including images. Max allowed size of all images is 250 px high and 700 px wide.
Source: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1345
That won't prevent your image from showing, it will just cause moderators to be annoyed.
I am also using ImageShack. It is much better if you register an account there.
To upload an image:

1. Login with you credentials or not
2. Click on "Media Upload" (upper right corner)
3. Click on "Browse" to select the image you want to upload.
4. Click "Upload"
5. Once you upload the image there will be a line with "Direct Link URL" in it. That is what you need for linking the image.
6. If you have an account there, you have the option of saving your images there for a long time. Also, click on my "My Images" and you will be taken to your images page. Select the image you want and lick on " I " (Info) button. You will get a popup menu with the links you can use. Copy/Paste the "Direct" input line for the link you can use.
Also, I'm prety sure that 800x270 is too large for a signature....

>>>Sig Size limits HERE<<<
Yop, fresh air and deep breath later....

here's the link : http://img153.imageshack.us/f/pacifbanniere02.gif/

I'll lower the size of the picture, see how it goes...

ah, while you guys look at it, tell me what you think. It's just a first shot, it'll get better. I see you can actually pay people around to have it done...I rather give it a go, it's been a while between 'toshop and my goodself. btw, I am registered on imageshack. Isn't there a pinned thingy somewhere on the forum 'bout it ?

Take care...
' Wrote:Yop, fresh air and deep breath later....

here's the link : http://img153.imageshack.us/f/pacifbanniere02.gif/

I'll lower the size of the picture, see how it goes...

ah, while you guys look at it, tell me what you think. It's just a first shot, it'll get better. I see you can actually pay people around to have it done...I rather give it a go, it's been a while between 'toshop and my goodself. btw, I am registered on imageshack. Isn't there a pinned thingy somewhere on the forum 'bout it ?

Take care...

[Image: imagehxd.jpg]

Save image as...

I will delete it from my side tomorrow.
Still not working.

I did save your (my) image...Upload it on image shack.....

Then, here's what's on the signature :

"
[Image: imagehxd.jpg]

May Abu d'Dhur, father of the immaterial roads, be favoralble to us and those that supports us.
"

Maybe there's something i forgot ?
I just tried linking the image from the link you have set up for the forum and it didn't work for me either. I compared my own link to yours and they look a little different. My guess would be that you don't have the account on imageshack or you are copying down the wrong link.
The link works when I just copy/paste it into the browser, but doesn't work when I try to link the image. It seems to me that you are trying to link the "SHORT LINK", you need to link the DIRECT LINK. It is located under the short link, looks like

LINK: .......

good luck
You don't possibly have your own image or image-location blocked in your browser?
Pages: 1 2