Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a question about Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I looked all over the forums and couldn't find a proper place to put this other than here. Can you lose Freelancer accounts if you don't use them in a long time (two months) and if so is there any way to bring them back?

Thanks!
I think there's a 60 day delay until your character (this means just the one you've not played for 60 days) will be deleted.
And I think "deleted" means without the possibility of respawn ^^
*sigh* Thanks, Damn, that char had around two billion..... And then I lost around ten others one who was holding four Rags and another who was a weapons dealer..... Who made that rule anyway? I mean if you have a char who's holding something but you forget about it for a long time then you lose all that is just cheap. Just letting us keep our chars would be great, but why put that rule in the first place? I'm guessing that it's to keep Freelancer people playing but that's what most of them do without it...... in other words, this sucks! :angry::angry2:
Indeed it does, I have seen other games private server keep old accounts for years, but then I guess its just their way of making people play. And since there are many people that check the game out an play for a short time then leave, meh its actually useful in deleting those kinds of persons. Too bad for the rest who do stay.
This rule was made to prevent that the servers memory space is getting filled with millions of non used chars and accounts. Server admins just can't know which character or account will be ever used again and which one isn't...

Just logging in on a char for a second each month (probably once per 60 days, but this i don't know for sure) would have been enough to keep it alive...

I have lost all my 4.82 chars because of inactivity. I have fresh restarted a few weeks, before 4.84 was released.

As i complained about the charackter loss to a friend, he said: "Be happy, that it huge large 40 days. It could be one day only also." (It was 40 sometimes in the past, now it is 60)

He was right, of course.

Hard earned? Of course!

But the point is, you are responsibility to care about, what was hard-earned...
logging in is not enough. you need to sell one battery, and buy it back to reset the timer.

i have lost count of the times that i've started again. i think i might actually have a civilian id fetish. at the last count i have 2 cruisers, 1 gb, 1 transport, 4 frieghters, 1 bomber, 8 vhfs, 1 hf, 2 lf. i make money so easily, that i've never needed a bank loan.

i have no idea of the ships that i have lost. possibly into treble figures by now...

coin: supporting jayce brooks' ship habit since AS812....:)
' Wrote:i have lost count of the times that i've started again. i think i might actually have a civilian id fetish. at the last count i have 2 cruisers, 1 gb, 1 transport, 4 frieghters, 1 bomber, 8 vhfs, 1 hf, 2 lf. i make money so easily, that i've never needed a bank loan.

i have no idea of the ships that i have lost. possibly into treble figures by now...

You sir, just have too much time to play :laugh:
didnt have a tv for 3 years... didnt need it.
To all the people who told what went wrong, thanks, I guess I'll have to use my characters more often and not have so many... :$Thanks again for telling me what went wrong..... :)