Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Striking absence of mining boni
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!

Some miners of mine seem to be missing something but neither wiki nor the mining tutorial have shed any light on the problem and I wonder if maybe one or the other is not quite up to date.

Anyway, the yield and boni depend on
IFF ID Mining ship Mining turret location

So let's see:
IFF: IMG
ID: IMG
Ship: Behemoth
Turrets: Class 7 mining turrets x2
Location: T23, B2 (Where, at this very moment, someone else is raking in Nb :sleep:)

Based on the guide(s) that's a tick in every box. After going it over again I have to wonder if the ship is inadequate but I wouldn't want to throw that out just for a guess*. Besides, the behemoth is listed as a mining ship and I found no note that faction-specific mining vessels must be used (excepting, of course, ALG/Zoners using 'general' mining ships.

At any rate the if (when) you spot the flaw, please do not hesistate to point it out to me. :rtfm:

Cheers!

*A huge flying shoebox, capacious, dock-friendly, pirate-unfriendly, handles like a steak house, how could you not just love it?
I dont think the Behemoth is a valid mining ship for the IMG.
*****ATTENTION MODERATOR FAIL - IT'S ZELOT'S FAULT!!!!*********

***I am so sorry. SO SORRY. I accidentally poofed your post by hitting edit instead of reply. I AM SOOOO SORRY! I cannot apologize enough for that. Hopefully you can remake the post. Again I am so sorry.*****

Zelot - D'oh!

EDIT0:
What the... o_O

Eh...I'm not sure. What did I post here...

EDIT1:
I think it was mostly the same what Aeternus posted...
I blame zelot...
Anyway, what has been said... You also need a fitting ship not just an mining one... Hegemon should do...
' Wrote:*****ATTENTION MODERATOR FAIL - IT'S ZELOT'S FAULT!!!!*********

***I am so sorry. SO SORRY. I accidentally poofed your post by hitting edit instead of reply. I AM SOOOO SORRY! I cannot apologize enough for that. Hopefully you can remake the post. Again I am so sorry.*****

Zelot - D'oh!
This made me lol.
The Behemoth and ALG Movers are configured to only provide a mining bonus when:
- Your ID and IFF is ALG
- You have a mining turret
- You are mining either scrap metal or toxic waste
The ALG ships do not provide any mining bonus for IMG, or for ore mining.

IMG can use the following ships as mining vessels for ore mining:
Basalt, Dacite, Mafic, Spatial, Hegemon

See: http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ing_Guide/Ships

[Edit] And mods are humans too, just like computers, prone to failures:D

[Edit2] If you bought that Behemoth for the mining, there is a viable mining route for scrap that ALG can do with movers: Load up in one of the radiation fields in Texas (one of the darkmatter clouds, they have substantially higher yields and no NPC harassment) and travel to Fuchu prison, Shikoku to sell. For the return trip you can take either hydrocarbons (to that depot above Manhattan), toxic waste from the battleship (to Huntsville) or H Fuel (to Ft Bush). ALG has irp-ly a contract with the Liberty government for the cleanup of the NY and Texas systems, so there's no roleplay issues involved either (except for the occasional confused Navy recruit thinking "Rheinland = enemy" and demanding you to leave).
Worst fears confirmed, then. Well, I switched to the Hegemon and yes, the yields are up. Still, after spending a good deal of time crashing into things and cursing the engineers behind this ship* I have now reached the conclusion that this may be the most horrible craft I have ever flown. :rolleyes:

I guess might just have to put Aeternus' suggestion about scrapmining into practice, at least I'd get to fly a Behemoth even if it isn't all that glamorous. Garbage scow ho! :)

Anyway, problem solved, thank you to everyone involved.

*Someone, somewhere, somehow got the idea that a ship navigating asteroid fields needed a large crossectional area... :nono:
Heges are best flown from cockpit view with your fingers on the "roll" buttons to barrel your way through roidfields... But yea, they aren't the most practical ships on cruise.