Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right, i have now upgraded but it seems my disco mod and flmm do not like each other? is this an easy fix prob because im to busy and lazy to search:PI NEED FREELANCER DISCOVERY
What do you mean they don't like each other? Please explain.
Windows 7 is evil.
Disable UAC, run everything as administrator.
Also, telling more about the problem will help.
' Wrote:Windows 7 is evil.
Disable UAC, run everything as administrator.
Also, telling more about the problem will help.

Lies. I have Windows 7 and I love it.

Maybe you're using the beta version of FLMM? Or... does the mod not automatically unpack into the /mods folder when you double click it? If so, just paste the content there yourself.
Quote:I accidentally my freelancer, what do?
  1. back up your flam accounts
  2. uninstall everything
  3. create a folder on your desktop for freelancer - no admin powahs required
  4. dl uptodate copies of FLMM from t'interwebz
  5. dl disco mod
  6. point the copy of FLMM towards the freelancer folder on the desktop, apply mod
  7. log in
  8. play
  9. ????
  10. profit
btw, if you install freelancer to ANOTHER folder on your desktop - that's two copies - then you can point FLMM to the new folder and apply other mods, so you can chill in the underverse, hunt the cylons on bsg, etc, when things get a little 'bleurgh' on disco
' Wrote:Lies. I have Windows 7 and I love it.

Maybe you're using the beta version of FLMM? Or... does the mod not automatically unpack into the /mods folder when you double click it? If so, just paste the content there yourself.
Windows 7 is much better then its beta mistaken with the new version of Windows and called Vista, it's fast, furious and includes some awesome ideas. But as a honorable oldfag I believe that Microsoft's marketing including those cut versions without changing wallpapers is bad.

And, yeah, UAC is a big bad thing.

Also, FL mods are packed in zip archives, just to mention that.
1) Disable UAC
2) Everything works*

*Unless you have the 64bit version like me.
sorry i was super tired when i typed it, the mod unzips but comes up with an error message stating it cannot be put in a .dll file or something, i will take screens of it for you but yeah, the mod runs but the servers will not show, also i cannot get the menu bit for the mod, it will just instantly activate itself, i have waited up to 20minutes for the servers to show but they do not, i have also checked the firewall to make sure it is not blocking them
I'd advise against even trying to join any of the servers until you have this properly installed. You don't want to get banned for modifying your game, trust me.

If I understood correctly, you got that .dll error whilst unpacking? If so, remove the .flmm extension of the mod file, and unpack the mod manually into C:/Program Files/Freelancer Mod Manager/Mods or wherever it is that you have FLMM installed. Do NOT, however, unpack the mod directly onto the game!
' Wrote:I'd advise against even trying to join any of the servers until you have this properly installed. You don't want to get banned for modifying your game, trust me.

If I understood correctly, you got that .dll error whilst unpacking? If so, remove the .flmm extension of the mod file, and unpack the mod manually into C:/Program Files/Freelancer Mod Manager/Mods or wherever it is that you have FLMM installed. Do NOT, however, unpack the mod directly onto the game!

how do i do this?

im useless with computers
Pages: 1 2