Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Immediate Disconnect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

From what I have seen in other, similar posts I am not the only one with this problem, but so far all solutions offered failed to work for me, so here it goes:

Upon connecting to the FL Server the connection drops after choosing a character. Sometimes I get through, but as soon as i dock somewhere the connection is severed after I enter space again. After that, I am unable to connect with that specific character for 24-48hours. I can however create new characters; some of them are able to take off without a disconnection.

What i have tried so far:

- reinstalling FL, FLMM, Reunion 4.85+Updates according to these instructions
- purged registry before each reinstall
- uninstalled all antivirus software
- taken down the firewall
- deactivated IPv6 protocol

If i have missed something, please let me know.

Edit: I should add that my internet connection is not an issue. My brother has an identical computer, only he has XP Professional SP3 and has no problems
Can you please post the names of your characters?
You can fix this problem by installing Freelancer into a user directory, e.g. your "My Documents" folder. The procedure is:

The trick is not to install this stuff into "Program Files" or your regional equivalent. Install Freelancer and Freelancer Mod Manager onto your "Desktop" or "My Documents" or a similar location.. If you do this do not need to be in admin mode.

vista seems to be your problem here.

also, how do you have zero posts?
' Wrote:Can you please post the names of your characters?

Jayne_Cobb
LeChuck
Judge
Daumann_Baumann

the last two where just created to check if i could get on the server in any way.

' Wrote:You can fix this problem by installing Freelancer into a user directory, e.g. your "My Documents" folder. The procedure is:

The trick is not to install this stuff into "Program Files" or your regional equivalent. Install Freelancer and Freelancer Mod Manager onto your "Desktop" or "My Documents" or a similar location.. If you do this do not need to be in admin mode.
vista seems to be your problem here.

also, how do you have zero posts?

I installed FL and FLMM on my desktop. Also, i ran every application as administrator. Why I have zero posts? beats me...