Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: OORP Location Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
' Wrote:You will not be seeing the Brotherhood Corsairs backing away from Sigma 13 anytime soon, its such a rich ground of traders ready to be taxed.

The amount of your GMG guys that have died trying to move the Brotherhood out there is quite allot, infact ive had quite a few conversations from your guys complaining because Tinky keeps killing you.

Thats Courtesy of the Brotherhood btw.

(Sig 13 is part of the Corsair ZoI because theres npcs there, so we have every right to be there.)
The brotherhood tend to stay within their limits I've noticed, but alot of freelance corsairs do not. I saw a Corsair sitting on the Hoshu gate in a freakin' Corsair Dreadnaught. I don't think thats appropriate.
Yes, well, you should make a difference between "Being in" and "Traveling trough/Exploring".
Every single Corsair is allowed to pass trough Liberty (if he can get trough it alive) on his way to Brettonia from Alaska.
And if you see him in Magelan, and start screaming "OH NOEZ HERE's THE OORP GUY!!!", that just isn't fair.
I'v seen Xenos in Taus, killing. Hackers in Sigmas, killing.
Now, that's a no-no.
Again, if he gets attacked, that's his problem. But if he attacks every damn player he see's on his way, then it is OORP.
:yes:
' Wrote:And yet; today there was another Corsair in New York, claiming that BULLDOGNK said that they're allowed in Liberty space? Are Corsairs allowed in Liberty space or not?

The player you are referring to is simplay a PVP whore. A report was made on him before the server problems and I understand a clanmate was reporting him today for yet another case of re-engagement. This guy dies, refuses to leave an area he should not be in, then comes back. He loves Liberty, he refuses to leave!

To this player I say make an Outcast, Rogue, Xeno or Hacker. Take your PVP whoring Corsair away from Liberty and re-read the rules again because you are mis-understanding them. If you wish to fight us at least use a suitable role.
' Wrote:Yes, well, you should make a difference between "Being in" and "Traveling trough/Exploring".
Every single Corsair is allowed to pass trough Liberty (if he can get trough it alive) on his way to Brettonia from Alaska.
And if you see him in Magelan, and start screaming "OH NOEZ HERE's THE OORP GUY!!!", that just isn't fair.
I'v seen Xenos in Taus, killing. Hackers in Sigmas, killing.
Now, that's a no-no.
Again, if he gets attacked, that's his problem. But if he attacks every damn player he see's on his way, then it is OORP.
:yes:

Im lucky im a lazy one then. Never get further than one system away from homebase :D
Technically, Lane Hackers can follow Aigera wherever it goes, which includes all the house systems and the Taus and sigmas. But I see your point, they shouldnt be there on a day to day basis.
These are so called "special operations" when you work for the good of the faction out of range of that factions influence.

For example: Police raid, infiltrating inteligence, deploying sensors, chasing down a smuggler etc
This does, however open a discussion on Mercs; Can they go ANYWHERE? Thats why we do things by the ship in our faction; Kusari Gunboat. Dont belong in unlawful or bretonian systems. Thats why I sold mine off.

It also depends on your reputation.

Boils down to common sense, but it never hurts to ask and double check;)
I wrote this post the other day in another thread because i wanted to know other's opinions on this issue... it was actually about the NPC reputation system initially, but it links in with this OORP topic and im curious what people think:

To give the background.. i have a Corsair Character... who the Junkers HATE (cos i killed too many rogues, thus making the NPC Liberty cops love me, which had the follow on effect of irritating the NPC Junkers)......which means, if i wanna run artifacts to Manhattan, i HAVE TO dock at a police planet.

(from previous post)

"I've been thinking about this "legal" docking thing.... in a Role play sense... while i know it makes sense that a police planet would be hostile to a pirate like a Corsair docking at their base - RP wise.. this is a bit flawed...

Here's my point - on the one hand, some people say we have to ignore the NPC bases attitude to our character in order to make good RP - ie... a criminal not docking at a police planet... but this is kinda a bit flawed... in that we HAVE TO consider NPC attitude when they are hostile to us... (we have no choice!) its kinda a little bit out of whack... for me, it makes NO RP sense that the Junkers are hostile to me,... the only reason is, as i said, because i killed lots of rogues, making the NPC Liberty police love me... its kind of irritating.
It also makes no real sense that a pirate, with a neutral rep CANT dock at a police planet base - i mean,.. if the police cant guard their own planets and prevent pirates going there - why SHOULDN'T a pirate dock there? especially if he can sneak in, (this would also apply to a cop.. "undercover" docking at a pirate planet) - do his business and sneak out... there is always an element of risk for a pirate to try this anyway - because he can always get busted by a cop on the way in, or out... (which happens all the time, especially in Rheinland and Liberty, whose factions are pretty on the ball)

That being said, it makes sense that a pirate cant dock at a station... cos they are much smaller, and have fewer entrances... but whole planet? To give a real life example... No country wants smugglers, terrorists etc etc landing in their airports, docking in their harbours... but it happens all the time, people sneak in!

I'm only saying this... really, because in RP, in the spirit of how it works now from what people have been saying to me recently - a corsair character should be trading at Rochester.. not Manhattan... fair enough... but because of a NPC idiosyncrasy, i have no choice... ie, im not supposed to to consider NPC attitude in the name of RP, but realistically, im bound by it, i have no choice... short of asking admin to "please make it a bit more realistic and make the junkers neutral to me" (if this is even possible)

I'd be interested in knowing anyone else's thoughts on this - i don't wanna rock the boat... i just think that... in RP terms, its not OORP for a pirate to dock at a PLANET, if he can sneak in?

hehe i just want the junkers to like me again so i can be a good little criminal:)

To follow on: To me... using the Corsair example - it does make RP sense for a Corsair to be in Manhattan
While the risk to his life is obviously much higher ( i have died in and around there a couple of times:)- the potential for profits from his smuggled goods are also much higher - why shouldn't a pirate take that risk? (he already does anyway, just by being a pirate) And Criminals being what they are... are always looking for new opportunities, new targets, involved in power plays etc... and generally snubbing the authorities.

(again - I'd trade artifacts at Rochester, but can't).

anyway, thats all... anyone else's thoughts?
-
Thats a difficult one.. In RP sense Corsairs, Oucasts and all other pirates smuggle contraband into Rochester not to be unnoticed by police craft and such. Junkers make the final route to Manhattan, since they are aloud to land there.

Although it just wouldnt be fair if you couldnt sell your contraband due to this reputation reason. Make a smuggler character perhaps? Sell at Rochester? The price there is almost the same.
Alternatively, you could just kill a load of Xenos in Colorado until the Junkers like you again. Nobody likes the Xenos.
Pages: 1 2 3 4