Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TriStar aka Eleazar has been sanctioned for:

Quote:5.10 Disconnecting from the server in a PvP fight to escape, as well as in any other situation that involves player interaction, is not allowed. If you lose server connection during a player interaction, you should get back in game quickly to continue the interaction, with the other player's permission. If that is not possible, then post on the forums and PM the players involved.

New Year resolution. "I will not use F1 to escape player interaction or a fight which I lose"

Consequences:
-100 million credit fine
-Notice in hold

Admin Link to Report

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised
that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions
up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other
legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
The Player just contacted my Angel in space. He'd like to give a statement because he feels treated wrong.
Unfortunately he seems to not be able to post here with his forum Account for some reason. The accounts name is" Peder_Dingo ". If any of you could have a look into that? Thanks alot.

~[The_Angels]Penpen

Hi there, I am the sanctioned person. I was quite surprised by this, to be honest - mostly because I was never asked or 'questioned', but logged on and realized I was missing a bunch of dough and had a sanction thingy in my cargo hold.

I will not deny that I F1'ed (for the first time in almost two years on the servers playing every week), but it was a result an adversary not interested in any form of RP (or reason/logic for that matter) and furthermore what I suspect was a case of metagaming.

What happened was that I bought a cargo of gold ore for 15 mil at Dublin from a miner, who logged out just after I had bought from him (he didnt even dock, as I recall it), I travelled to manchester and saw a privateer who said hi. He sort of came out of the blue with an empty hold, and he went on to cortez, where he told me to drop my cargo or pay 15 mil.

I tried reasoning with him, as the logics of a privateer (who is basicly the extended arm of Bretonia) pirating traders who just traded with BMM (and thus supporting Bretonia directly) totally undermines the idea of privateering (as it undermines any peaceful trade between bretonia and any outsiders - in the historical sense of privateering, it is about pirating your nation's ENEMIES, in this case corporations such as Samura, Kishiro and the likes, to deal their economies a blow whilst furthering your own (actually as you might know, the main priority of historical privateering was to disrupt the enemies' sources of income, more than it was about fuelling your own economy) - imagine Sir Francis Drake waiting outside of British ports pirating allies who just invested their money in cargo from British colonies. It makes no sense what so ever), but he would have nothing of it, and started gunning right off the bat.

I know I violated the rules, but how do I counter powerplay/faulty rp with no logics? I got really frustrated that the other person just went "money or I shoot" (15 mil is also quite unreasonable, knowing full well that I paid for my cargo, and probably paid around that price, which leaves me with no profits in any way) with no intention of rp'ing of any kind (unless, of course the person in question played a total psycho or a person unaware of the underlying function of his trade as a privateer - in both cases he probably wouldn't be captaining such an advanced ship).

Moreover, I had a really strong feeling that this person was the same person who sold me my cargo initially, although I have no way of proving that. I can't even remember the name of the miner, but he was piloting a SHF (a Spatial, if I am not mistaken) with a BMM tag (NPC faction).

I think my punishment is rather harsh, and I do think that there ought to be rules against non-rp'ing individuals with homicidal tendencies - we do see quite a lot of them, and it can be disruptive to gameplay, especially for people such as myself playing outside of player factions (I.E. no one to vindicate the injustice done against characters such as mine). Whilst transporting, I have been pirated numerous times by various people (some hardly able to write in English), and it has worked out fine - I have paid people straight off if their demands were reasonable or negotiated to a mutually agreeable sum if the demands were ludicrous. We are all here to have fun, not to powerplay and/or bleed other players dry for the sake of doing just that... Right?

P.S. I changed my characters name and ID, but it has nothing to do with this incident. I just have a few Bounty Hunter characters, and thought it would be more fitting RP-wise that a Guild transport was to fund these.
I can understand your sad situation and I am happy that you see your fault as well.
The worst thing you can do is to F1 out, even if the RP is rubbish or it is meta gaming.

We can only step in if a server rule has been violated.

That said it would be an (someone's behind + a hat)-move to sell a Trader some goods and then log on his pirate to simply get another bunch of money from the same trader.
Of course knowing that you would ruin the whole profit with this move.
It can happen that a pirate stops the trader and demands credits then, but that is part of the gameplay.

There is no actual rule against selling cargo and then logging on your thug to pirate the same player again, but in my eyes it is meta gaming to the power of ten and not a fair play kind of thing.

"Fair play, a level head and consideration for others."
I agree with the above, and to be fair I have no way of knowing if the person was meta-gaming. The fact of the matter is, that I shouldn't have F1'ed, no matter what the reasons might be. Lesson learned.