Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship buying bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made money with one character, and transfered the earn to anothe character. Then i wanted to buy the Rheinland Battleship, but without all that useless weapons fixed on it. I buyed it fo 20 million and startet into the space. Then i was disconnectet from the server, came back online and was told that i have used cheats. I tried it again, and the same error happened. then i tried to buy the ship with some weapons (i left 6 on it) and launced into space without an error.

I dont know what kind of bug that schould be, but i hope you can fix it or it helps to fix other things.

Greetings

Mc. Ott
MarcyAMcOtt,Jan 11 2006, 06:43 PM Wrote:I made money with one character, and transfered the earn to anothe character. Then i wanted to buy the Rheinland Battleship, but without all that useless weapons fixed on it. I buyed it fo 20 million and startet into the space. Then i was disconnectet from the server, came back online and was told that i have used cheats. I tried it again, and the same error happened. then i tried to buy the ship with some weapons (i left 6 on it) and launced into space without an error.

I dont know what kind of bug that schould be, but i hope you can fix it or it helps to fix other things.

Greetings

Mc. Ott
[snapback]9851[/snapback]

I don't think it's a bug perse.

You *CANNOT* buy a ship and disarm it. otherwise, the system will think you're buying a ship with the intention of going into FLSO and edit the character. THAT is cheating.

We have the same problem when we try to re-buy the exact same ship to solve a variety of problems (weither they be we screwed up the weaponery, too badly damaged ship and we had docked... or whatever).

Not something we can really fix.

So if you want to disarm the ship, just buy it, fly it to another base, disarm it, and mount what weapons youwant on it. Please be aware you *NEED* Weapons on any and ALL ships.. otherwise you're just a sitting duck for anyone wanting a cheap thrill in blowing ships up.
You save a hell of a lot of money stripping the weps off it. Personally if I don't want/need the weps I'll sell them and then either transfer any weps I have on to the ship or buy some cheap ones before I launch so until I either get to the base that sells the ones I want or I have enough for some better ones I still have some weps on the ship.

I've noticed that Yaren base in Omicron Delta will kick players for cheating (Yeah it happened to me) and as far as they know (I know I wasn't) they weren't cheating at all.
Quote:I don't think it's a bug perse.

You *CANNOT* buy a ship and disarm it. otherwise, the system will think you're buying a ship with the intention of going into FLSO and edit the character. THAT is cheating.

We have the same problem when we try to re-buy the exact same ship to solve a variety of problems (weither they be we screwed up the weaponery, too badly damaged ship and we had docked... or whatever).

Not something we can really fix.

So if you want to disarm the ship, just buy it, fly it to another base, disarm it, and mount what weapons youwant on it. Please be aware you *NEED* Weapons on any and ALL ships.. otherwise you're just a sitting duck for anyone wanting a cheap thrill in blowing ships up.

That can be true or you just made one litlle change on the discovery mod and bum.

If thats true better reinstal your discovery mod.
I found a solution to this problem:

Purchase ship, during purchase strip of non-essentials
Go to equipment dealer *BEFORE* launch. Purchase a single low level turret... Launch. Problem solved.
Okay, Maximillian, STOP GRAVEDIGGING. Stop bringing up 6 month old posts. It doesn't help ANYTHING. You've done it a ton today. There is no point to bringing up a thread that ended 6 months ago.
Seriously, this was back in January......:dry:
It doesnt matter where he quotes from. It was a post wasnt it? if you guys think its sad or hes to keep just keep it to yourself.

[attachmentid=781]

And anyway, why do you care where he posts from?? its not like it affects you in any way. AND it shows hes reading really old posts in the forum which may have brought up previous questions that he wanted to find the answers too. give him a break.
McNeo, You're missing their point.

On most any forums, it's pretty lame to go gravedigging for stuff. Unless you have something constructive to add (such as a problem that is similar to it, or whatever) i would recommend *NOT* bringing it up or just create a new thread.

Only time i see this kind of grave digging is on tech support forums, and this is HARDLY one. Use common sense.. post a new topic, and simply ask questions. One of us will either post a link to the right thread with the solution, Or give it to you outright. Gravedigging really isn't very p-c here.
Fair enough, sorry i missed the point :P :crazy: :crazy:

but still IMHO if he wants to go grave digging i say good for him. :D :D

only meant to support him as he is 1 of my freinds on fl :) .
Pages: 1 2