Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Another Nomad topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I was exploring the Nomad systems in open SP in a Outcast BS (which horrifiyingly I actualy like more than the Corsair dread...) and whilst idly shooting down Nomad fighters and GBs I had some ideas. These involve re-classifying Nomad ships, and remaking some equiptment specialy for Nomad ships:

One: A new ship type for Nomad craft- Bio-ship. A Nomd fighter would be entitled: Nomad *enter name*, Bio-ship on the info card. Differant classes of bio-craf such as LF, HF, VHF, GB & BS could also be developed to help distinguish between ship classes and allow differant equiptment types between ship classes (i.e. no VHF shields for LFs.) This would enable Nomad specific equiptment like shields to be developed.

Two: New Nomad equiptment. NPC Nomads could be eqiupt with shields if a new shield type was developed. Name could be Telekenesis Bio-Module, or something similar. The RP reasons behind it being, the Nomad in question has developed the phychic powers to stop projectiles within a certain proximity of it's ship. The advancment of the brain controlling the ship determins the strength of the mind-field (the ship class.)

Three: Another Nomad addition could be customized repair kits. Instead of human 'nanobots' flesh synthisizers or something else similar could be used. I can't think of a shield bot equivilent yet, but I probably will given enough time:)

These are rough ideas so I was wondering, can they be done, and if they can is there any chance they could be incorperated into the mod?
There are already modifications in work, but thanks anyway, those suggestions might come useful.

As for the equipment - it's up to Igiss. But yea, I think there are nomad equivalents for common equipment coming soon too.
what igiss should definitily consider is to put the keepers ships into nomad patrols, too - at least in iota / o-58 which are active ( delta / kappa nomads might be considered "old" nomads - but thats up to interpretation )

i d like to see at least assassins with BB raid groups ( house BB raid groups come with MK2 fighters, too ).

so there are currently those types of NPC groups:

- fighter: 4 light fighter ( could be at least 1 bomber +3 fighter or 2 assassins +2 fighter )
- gunboat: 1 gunboat/2 fighter ( its ok like it is - but wouldn t mind seeing 2 assassins with it )
- battleship: 1 battleship/2 gunboats/4 fighter ( add 4 assassins instead of the 4 fighters )

maybe even consider new groups - like:

- 1 bomber +2 fighter ( in case the bombers really use their bomber weapons )
Yes, i think the Assassin can be added, but only in Iota..
Because, all NPC's using nomad guns are strong already.
Can't imagine the NPC massacre in Delta/Kappa if those would go around:)

Anyway, for defending Iota, i'm all for it. People should re-consider before entering there.
Especially if they are alone.
Jinx brings up a good point. I'd like to see NPCs from all factions, not just Nomads, use the new ships they've been given.

So, Nomads using Assassins would be good, but before that I'd like to see Hessians flying the Asgard line instead of Sabers and the like.

Instead of Corsair Osiris patrols, Dreadnought or Praefect patrols would probably be preferable. If I suggested lunchbox patrols, Eppy would probably stab me, though.
For a certain factions home system that may be purchased soon, I was wondering if patrols could consist of one lunchbox and two titans. Probably not seeing as it would be a guard system. A guard cap ship would be scary...
More nomad cruisers please!

A patrol consisting of such a cruiser and 4 assasins (compared to a GB with 4 LFs) would look very nicely. It puzzles me however - why don't the keepers employ any of these nice, flat jellys?
Because, bluntly, they're glitched. They have no hitbox to speak of.

And you're right, Blunt, I have here this new 15mm HandHowitzer™ that needs testing...
Actually Eppy is wrong here. They do have hitbox, however it's a gunboat hitbox. They're still pretty much destructible. The ship is not being used for two reasons: 1) incorrect hitbox, 2) doesn't fit into the style (4 leafs/points instead of 3, squished form instead of rotational symmetric, it's technically battleship model squished and very slightly modified). I made the replacement model with proper hitbox but wasn't able to meet the deadline and missed the release. So, we're out of cap fleet. The only capital ship we have is flagship harbinger which isn't used much anyway. Most of the time it's just a mixed bag of fighters, bombers and gunboats flying around.
Actually, Nomad assassins patrolling wouldn't really fit. They are described in their description as being apart from regular Nomad patrols.
Pages: 1 2