Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to know what should i do in these senarios

1) I am in my unofficial LN crouser and an official LN guy tells me to get rid of a trasport who pirates for example, i kill the transport, do i get sactioned

2) I am in my LN gunboat taking part in a fight vs pirates. An official LN comes and tells me to disegage for some reason. If i leave the battle aria is it couned as fleeing and i have to sit there and wach the hole thing while i am getting bored to death?

3) I kill a couple of pirates in calli with my LN ship and i go to patrol new york. They come to new york and start pirating, if i meet them what should i do since we already had an envounter?
1. you do get sanctioned, you shouldn't listen to such a silly advice

2.is counted as fleeing if battle started, you don't have to listen him, try to avoid getting in fights if your side is winning

3.you attack them, since you killed them. and since you have an RP reason (they're pirating in your patrol system)
' Wrote:I'd like to know what should i do in these senarios

1) I am in my unofficial LN crouser and an official LN guy tells me to get rid of a trasport who pirates for example, i kill the transport, do i get sactioned

2) I am in my LN gunboat taking part in a fight vs pirates. An official LN comes and tells me to disegage for some reason. If i leave the battle aria is it couned as fleeing and i have to sit there and wach the hole thing while i am getting bored to death?

3) I kill a couple of pirates in calli with my LN ship and i go to patrol new york. They come to new york and start pirating, if i meet them what should i do since we already had an envounter?

1) Don't obey the order. Make an RP excuse.
2) That's dull. I wouldn't obey, once in the fight.
3) Kill them again
1: Yes, you can get sanctioned. Unless you're in the LN Guard system, in which case you are already free to kill the transport.

2: If you're already in the fight - and it's turned into a gank fest (which should be about the only reason you're told to disengage) - then yeah, you should disengage. Chances are at that point it's down to one or two ships left anyway. However - note I said disengage, not flee. Go sit at 5K and RP for a bit, until the combat is over.

3: Make a comment about, damn, you guys have good repair facilities. And then blast 'em again. YOU are free to engage them - THEY are not. They can defend themselves if you attack them, but they cannot shoot at you first.

' Wrote:2: If you're already in the fight - and it's turned into a gank fest (which should be about the only reason you're told to disengage) - then yeah, you should disengage. Chances are at that point it's down to one or two ships left anyway. However - note I said disengage, not flee. Go sit at 5K and RP for a bit, until the combat is over.
I disagree. It might have turned that way because all other enemies got killed. I don't think official faction should be forcing players to watch the game instead of playing.
DELETE

You can get sanctioned if you're not in your guard system, use the 'Sirius Law' thing to tell him about the server rules.
Don't go 10k away just stay near the fight.
3) I kill a couple of pirates in california with my LN ship and i go to patrol new york. They come to new york and start pirating, if i meet them what should i do since we already had an encounter?
Order them to leave.If they don't comply,blow them up again.
THanks guys i anderstand what to do about 1 and 3 but about 2, it's just lame to stop fighting and wait for the others to finish the fight
' Wrote:THanks guys i anderstand what to do about 1 and 3 but about 2, it's just lame to stop fighting and wait for the others to finish the fight
Think about how it must feel if the other side is getting annihilated. If the faction guy tells you to disengage, likely he's just trying to preserve some fairplay. It's not necessary, but it's good sportsmanship.

This -should- never happen. An official [LN] tagged ship shouldn't tell you to shoot a transport. If one has, then please give me the name of the [LN] member who asked you to shoot a transport.

' Wrote:2) I am in my LN gunboat taking part in a fight vs pirates. An official LN comes and tells me to disegage for some reason. If i leave the battle aria is it couned as fleeing and i have to sit there and wach the hole thing while i am getting bored to death?

We would only tell you to disengage for the following reasons.

1. You arrived late to the scene and the situation is already covered by other forces which are present.
2. Wild overkill. We try to avoid this, because it upsets people.
3. There are other, more pressing matters which require your gunboat to be present. (If this is the case, then you'll be flying to another fight anyway, so you don't really have to worry about it)

However, to answer your question, if you leave the combat area, you have fled, and you will not be able to rejoin the fight.

' Wrote:3) I kill a couple of pirates in calli with my LN ship and i go to patrol new york. They come to new york and start pirating, if i meet them what should i do since we already had an envounter?

You are free to remove them from new york by shooting them.
Pages: 1 2