Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Planetform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, so insanity has struck and i'm thinking of going back where I said I wouldnt go again. I'm a hypocrite, we've established that, so no name calling.

The thought of cooperating with other official factions an contracting new planets to be terraformed remains an inspiring and exciting aspect of an official Planetform to me. The power to have a potential hand in changing the face of the mod through roleplay for the first time.

The routes me and xoria made are still there from the last time i gave this a shot. But is the interest out there in any of you?

And what about all you other planetform unofficials? Anyone wanna raise a hand?
I would like to help with forum RP and forum help/assistance. Can get in-game from time to time but won't be too active.
Also: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=80023&hl=
I'd form OS&C first, because they're more reliable...
I've never felt much passion for OSC, and i hate settling with second best because it's easier.
Ask Peter Kristall, he tried to do something religious with Planetform.
Hmm, I have an indie Planetform AT... Mainly to troll the NLH though, does that count? (I'm in the NLH too so it's ok to troll them:P)
Although Planetform is one of the neatest corporations in the game, theirs is a product which makes it very hard to play in the available game mechanics..

I love the idea of playing planetform, but every time I get into it, I run up against the problem that they're not a company that actually does trading. Yes, there may be routes which are in rp for a planetform tagged trader to work with, but the primary function of planetform doesn't revolve around moving goods from point A to B, even if the goods are nessisary for planetforming and point B is one of the planets that they're forming.

That's not to say I wouldn't love to play a planetform character. I've done quite a few of them in the past, but trading as a planetformer doesn't make a great deal of sense. Furthermore, the activities that Planetform ships are likely to engage in: Surveys, deep space exploration, weather control, physics experimentation, astrophysics, heat beaming...of all of those, only surveying is something that fits into the gameplay (and that's reasonably dull) and outside of Edinburgh, they don't have a natural enemy for conflicts.

So my position on a Planetform faction is...come up with more for it to do in the day to day than to trade and fight Gaians, and it becomes an interesting choice. But when you're limited to that, you've stripped out all of the neatness of what Planetform is, and might as well be an indie group.

I'm at a loss for activities that would be in roleplay for anything other than planetform's supply wing...and the limitation to trading is a castration of everything neat about planetform. Planetform isn't a trade company. It may employ some transports, but Trading is not even close to its modus opperandi.
I think its a great idea
Ash. I'd happily set sail back into those murky waters with you my friend.

: There are plenty of RP things to do with Planetform. Back when me and Ash had Planetform| (i think that was the tag..) rolling, we were in the middle of a whole bunch of things. But then we disbanded and some other guy was interested in using our stuff. I don't know how he's doing currently though..
As far as I know, previous attempts at Planetforms haven't exactly been successful.

Best of luck man.
Pages: 1 2