Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Altering Cityscapes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, lets say that I want to make myself a small alteration of the various cities on the many planets across Sirius.
And with alteration I'm talking about modifying their original data.

Lets say that I want to use the crossfire cityscapes, is that possible? Of course this will be ONLY FOR ME, and I won't distribute it.
Link
i don t know if the cheat detection complains about it - but altering ANY file is not appreciated ... NO matter if its only clientside and only cosmetical. ( its about the principle of the thing )

if the cheat detection doesn t complain and you re not going about to brag about it, there s hardly anything one can do about it.
It's not something the cheat system will complain about.

The idea of the anti-cheat system it to stop people unfairly having a gameplay advantage over others.
A modified planetscape doesn't really do that.

So feel free to have a 50ft penis floating in the middle of manhattan, whatever your taste may be:)

EDIT: After looking at that picture, the developers copped out >.>
Simply changing the texture of the 'backwall' is a bit cheap in my eyes. Properly modifying the structures etc, that's proper work.
That doesn't change the fact that it looks totally awesome.
Too bad OP is-- On second thought lets not go there.

Do what you like, test the boundaries. It's the only way devs/admins will be able to stop it if they don't like it, from experience of precedents.
I wish they'd have that in Discovery, that is complete win.
' Wrote:So, lets say that I want to make myself a small alteration of the various cities on the many planets across Sirius.
And with alteration I'm talking about modifying their original data.
Lets say that I want to use the crossfire cityscapes, is that possible? Of course this will be ONLY FOR ME, and I won't distribute it.
Link

You evil being, why won't you share? :(
' Wrote:You evil being, why won't you share? :(

Download Crossfire and do it yourself:P