Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Object in the Tau-37's sun?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello

I am really curious about a strange object which is located in the sun (the lower one) in the Tau-37 system. I was flying on cruise from Omicron Alpha system jumphole to Tau-23 jumphole and looked around per turret view when i saw something strange in the sun - its located around the sun's center, and a bit below... or possibly in the sun's corona... its kinda a black triangle or something... i stopped the ship and tryed to look at it again, but it was disappeared. I saw it twice today, also when coming back to Omicron Alpha and again it disappeared when i wanted to take a closer look... as i flew into the corona i couldnt find anything...

A friend in group saw it too but only once. There is nothing to point at, only the sun, and the map isnt showing anything else.... what is it???

/just a notice: its really hard to see it, i guess it happenes only when you look from a specific place when cruising around the sun... btw. its not that "black triangle" what has Jarek SS in his help topic, its much smaller kinda construction...
IT'S THE ALIUMS BRO

Not really. I think it's just a graphical bug with the stars and an asteroid.
grn cloaking spy beacon / satellite. when it runs out of juice, it needs to decloak to gather energy from the star. then it cloaks again.
You dont need to go into the corona to see it... i thought first too about a graphical bug... But its not a plane triangle, it seems to have a mass. Anyway i didnt managet to SS it :(

Wierd thing really.
I bet it won't be there in the Screen.
Or it'll be really blurry and people will be all like

[Image: 500pxShopped.jpg]
I scanned the EW01 system file, which governs the content of Tau 37. There are no objects close to the lower sun (which is at position 0.0.0). What you are seeing is most likely a visual artefact caused by something not being rendered correctly by your graphics card.
' Wrote:I scanned the EW01 system file, which governs the content of Tau 37. There are no objects close to the lower sun (which is at position 0.0.0). What you are seeing is most likely a visual artefact caused by something not being rendered correctly by your graphics card.

But there IS something there in the Vanilla version of the file. The disco version gets rid of this thing which seems to only exist for the ring around the blue dwarf:

Code:
[Object]
nickname = Ew01_planet_core
pos = -35, 0, -97
archetype = gravity_buoy
spin = 0, 0, 0
atmosphere_range = 300
burn_color = 255, 222, 160
ring = Zone_Ew01_sun_ring, solar\rings\protoplanet.ini
That's a graphics issue. It can only be seen with certain graphics-chips and only at certain times and from certain directions.

The construct is made of system-related objects such as mines or asteroids, which are aligned in a certain pattern much like a snowflake.

I have some screenshots of the same phenomenon clearly constructed of mines which often appear at the New York-JH in Connecticut.

The construct comes as close to a ghost-appearance as you can get in an online video-game.

[Image: Clipboard01.jpg]

Here's a screenshot.

Like I said. It's the aliens.
Well when according to the tau-37 system file there is nothing, then it must be the graphics bug as you say. Thx for the explanation... ;)I had a really weird feeling about it. :laugh:

To Zeb: thx for the screenshot, but i am not able to say if it was the same thing in the sun too, because i didnt saw it from so close... a ghost thingy :yahoo:
Pages: 1 2 3 4