Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer GLS Workaround
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been pointed out to Bulldog and I as an alternative to the Global server connection. Its a .exe file
which downloads to your Freelancer folder, and shows all the servers connected to Cryostat, it would appear.
A damn good alternative to the Global.
If you guys using it could point those having trouble finding us in the general direction of this, it would be
appreciated. More people could find us, and the other servers still running.
Thanks to LancersReactor once more for having this posted on their Wiki page.

LancersReactor-Wiki

Freelancer GLS Workaround v0.9 made by w0dk4 ... This is the download you need,
under the 'essentials' heading

Hoodlum
' Wrote:This has been pointed out to Bulldog and I as an alternative to the Global server connection. Its a .exe file
which downloads to your Freelancer folder, and shows all the servers connected to Cryostat, it would appear.
A damn good alternative to the Global.
If you guys using it could point those having trouble finding us in the general direction of this, it would be
appreciated. More people could find us, and the other servers still running.
Thanks to LancersReactor once more for having this posted on their Wiki page.

LancersReactor-Wiki

Freelancer GLS Workaround v0.9 made by w0dk4 ... This is the download you need,
under the 'essentials' heading

Hoodlum

Came Across it some time ago when searching for lancers reactor. They have their temp site up and they say microsoft will have the global server back up .Due to a hacker trying to access the main computer through the global server but microsoft says they will discontinue support late in 2008. Internet Download Manage is also good to catch the download if any problems occur. www.internetdownloadmanager.com is the web site. So using the temp fix is the best way to go until something can be set up.
I've managed to log onto the disco RP server and other discovery servers through a nifty utility called X Fire. It automatically detects the game and servers for it, so no messing about with files of settings ;)
If you dont have Xfire then you deserve to get hacked! Ok seriously, someone hacked the server the master list is on? God someone has no *pineapple*ing life!

*pineapple censor idea courtesy of gearbox forums.*
I just put the -s"IP-Adress" in my shortcut, for both the RP and PvP servers.
I tried it almost immediately after the release, and it worked. I didn't quite get the principle how it's working, since most of the servers on old GLS are here as well (numerous Discovery servers present). It's also not clear how servers are added/removed from there.

But anyway, it works, and it's a good initiative.
EXE? Meh... I never really liked anything that I couldn't disable afterwards. So, here. I've converted it to work with FLMM. Enjoy.:)

http://www.freewebs.com/dboy1612/Freelance...0v0.9.zip.flmod
' Wrote:EXE? Meh... I never really liked anything that I couldn't disable afterwards. So, here. I've converted it to work with FLMM. Enjoy.:)

http://www.freewebs.com/dboy1612/Freelance...0v0.9.zip.flmod

I've used the one Dboy uses and its great it!

It does let me disable if I needed also what I gather the GLS does modify the DAcom.ini and fllmm backs it up.

A good alternative!:yahoo:
Umm...what?I've had this workaround thingy for a while,and it wasn't exe,it was .flmm.