Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GRN vs BAF,KNF,CR - Saturday Jan 8 2011 2000 GMT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

GETTING ON THE EVENT SERVER:

1. add -sdiscoevent.game-host.org:2302 to the target on your Freelancer.exe shortcut in order to see the event server.
2. Password is "setup" and you may use that to prepare your characters beforehand.

You can do your best to customize the ship you spawn with the resources at your disposal.

If you can turn a dessie into gunboat prior to the event, more power to you.

If you need "your" fighter/capital gun loadout, knock yourself out.

But no bombers! AND No fighter missiles to prevent lag issues.

Official faction members use the same character names as your characters here. Although the loadout will be different from your original character, no avoiding that.

Indys use simply BAF- and KNF- and GRN- and CR- prefixes for your names. No OOC names please.

Indy capitals use HMS, IKN, and RNS to differentiate them from fighters, please.

RESTART COMMANDS

I have set up /restart commands for: (use /showrestarts in game to see the exact codes)

-BAF Battleship, Destroyer, and VHF (2 Loadout options for BAF Battleship)
-GRN Battleship, Destroyer (Well, Cruiser), and VHF
-KNF Battleship, Destroyer, and VHF
-Colonial Remnant VHF

SPAWN AND RALLY POINTS

-GRN will spawn at Reunion Station in Orkney, and will rally 20k above it.
-BAF will spawn at Kirkwall Base in Orkney and will rally at the Tau 23 Jumphole
-KNF will start at Dounby Station in Orkney and will rally at Planet Sanday

-CR will start and rally at Java Station in Tau 23 (Fighters for later stages of the event)

CHARACTERS IN COMMAND OF THE FLEETS

Characters in command which must be obeyed for the event:

GRN : GRN|RNFS-Chante.Du.Cygne

KNF : [KNF]IKN-Tawakemono also [KNF]To.Hajime.Hiroito

BAF : BAF|Adm.Blake.Owen

=CR= : Ibis or Panzer

Group with them, depending on your team, and obey their instructions please.

EVENT RULES

1. The Official Faction leaders will command all members of the same npc faction, official or not. You must listen to them to coordinate the event.

2. Please not that this is an RP Event, not primarily a PVP Event. It is meant to represent what happens in the initial stages of the thrust by GRN out of Gallia. It follows a script, of sorts.

3. This is a Fighters vs Fighters, Capital Ships vs Capital Ships event. No bombers. This makes it possible to have extended play for all Capital ships.

4. Once a certain point in the event is reached, it may be declared a free for all by myself and the faction leaders. Then fighters and caps can fight each other.

5. System Chat talk will be restricted to RP by faction leaders, and maybe a few senior officers. Spam looks lousy on film.

6. Group chat only for asking about the event. No idle chatter.

7. Once you die, you may restart, but only as GRN, for the "Second Wave", and rally 20k above Reunion. Remember, Gallia is going to use overwhelming force here. This is not precisely an even PVP battle; it is theatre.

8. No bombers! AND No fighter missiles to prevent lag issues.

Anyone who does not obey the rules will be kicked out of the event.

EVENT SCRIPT

The following is a brief description of how this will go. I will be there to direct the RP and play.

1. A Bretonian Spy is killed (I wil play him) when he discovers the GRN Fleet massing in Orkney. (He's in an Arrow, won't take long)

2. GRN lures small KNF and BAF Fleets to Orkney with separate false distress signals from allied traders. In so doing, they set up KNF and BAF to fight, while GRN waits to pick up the pieces.

3. After some of the BAF and KNF forces kill each other, there will be a short RP by GRN, BAF, KNF leaders prior to the main GRN attack.

4. GRN attacks, and the BAF and KNF fleets attempt a combined defense.

5. At the appropriate time, there is the arrrival of the "Second Wave" of GRN, which are second characters created by anyone who has died in the first battles.

6. BAF and KNF fall back to Taus. My HMS Regina is destroyed in rearguard action. Any BAF who wish to die gloriously (and in so doing, kill their characters:)) are welcome to join me and the old Lord Admiral in glory. (My Fleet Admiral will be safely back in New London)

7. At this point the CR want to show up to assist in that rearguard action as well (fighters only) since the GRN is also going to drive them out of the Taus.

8. SURPRISE ENDING!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!

I think I'll be able to make this one, first one in awhile!

BAF|Adm.Blake.Owen or BAF|Capt.L.Mandrake, depending on how many admirals we need in the fight.
May the indies participhate ?
Yes, but make sure your tag and name are inRP and follow the rules, for cinematic reasons and easy identification.
' Wrote:Yes, but make sure your tag and name are inRP and follow the rules, for cinematic reasons and easy identification.

Danke.
I cant see the server, is it only me ?

Yeah, I added the line to exe
I'll be there;

GRN|RNS-Soleil.Royal
Let's just say, BAF will know me when they see me, and GRN will as well.
The Royal Auxiliary Fleet would like to help out. For this event will we use our char names with the prefix of 'BAF-'

Rob.Brent
Jake.Aylock
Bruce.Cromwell

(We will remove our command chain for the event as we will not use the RFA tag for the first few events)
Edited to add : 8. SURPRISE ENDING!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15