Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ASKING THE EXPERTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been playing with the idea of starting a new mod. To make it work, I have been working on a balance system. The idea is to lower everything down to 5 levels of equipment. I am also assigning each ship class 5 different adjustable stats. Each of those stats has 5 levels. The level a ship has in a stat is marked by a dot.

This is a development tool to help design ships and keep them balanced in the game. Each ship will be assumed to have 1 dot in each stat to start with. The ships designer or the person coding it in will allocate X many dots to the stats. This way no ship can be max at every thing.

I am encountering a problem with the Agility Stat. Since I am in-experienced at fighter combat I have no base line for which is the worst maneuvering fighter vs. the best. Would anyone be interested in organizing the top ten example of fighter maneuverability from worst to best for me? That way I know what ships to look at and what the average numbers are.

Thanks for the help in advance.

-NEXUS
Do you want us to use Disco ships as well, or Vanilla only?

And also, is it important that they are of the same class, or not?
Because, if it's not, all top 10 will be LF's.

Maybe top 10 for both low agility and good agility?

Anyway, untill you answer, compare Nomad LF with the Titan, for example.
Or, if you want the same class, Blood Dragon HF with the Templar.

And here's my list, if i didn't do it properly, tell me, i'l edit it :

-Marauder
-Slipstream
-Eagle
-Taiidan HF
-Liberator
-Crow
-Arwing
-Patriot
-Starflier
-Arrow
-Nomad LF

As you can see, they are all extremely agile, even the worst of them (Marauder).
That's why i asked to clarify a bit, i think you meant comparing bad agility to good agility ships:)

And for a note, my vision of an Average VHF would be Viper.

Hope i helped a bit:yes:

Edit :

Another list of the ships i use, from worst to the best agility. It's not 10, but it's close.

-Taiidan Bomber
-Kusari Catamaran Bomber
-Titan VHF
-Viper Mk1
-Marauder (it says it has better agility stats then BD HF, the next in the list, but my experience tells me otherwise, size of the ship is important too)
-Blood Dragon HF
-Patriot LF
-Tigershark

I used Kushan VHF as well, it has better stats then BD as well, but i would put it behind Marauder, again, from experience.
Mainly because there are two separate options in agility.
One is how fast it turns, and the other one is how much time it needs to start turning.
So, one ship can turn fast, but dodge bad. Know what i mean?
Blood Dragon probably turns slower then the Marauder, but it is much much better for dodging.
Same with Kusari Bomber. It turns slower then the Titan, but it is much better for dodging.
Not because it's hard to hit, it is also easier to move inside the screen.
Dunno if i explained it alright.

First list was stats only, from the program.
Second list my own ships, so my own list.
Also, camera has something to do with it. Because, some ships (like crow) have a very zoomed (out/in) camera.
And it seems that it turns faster/slower then it actually does.
Mah, to complicated for me.
Well i wish you luck if u decides to make new mod, lot of work then and little playtime....

Chopper did gave good advice, u should compare class of ships as:

1. Size
2. Agility
3. Armor
4. Firepower (power and power regenrate)
5. Number of guns/turrets
6. Weapon class

Hope it helps:)