Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "cannot access file in..."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that at random places while opening the mod I run into trouble and it won't finish. It is at a different part every time.

I access the file from firefox's downloads folder, and open it with FLMM. It then starts unzipping into the mods folder but stops at any random time in the progress, and tells me it cannot access the file/folder for a specific file, and closes on me.

I have windows 7 64-bit running on a Compaq Persario laptop/notebook

I know my computer has all the right specs for the game, so that isn't an issue.

Can anyone help, thanks.

edit: the most recent one reads as this:

"Access to C:\Program Files (x86)DLLS\BIN\content.dll was denied."

I click OK.

"Error: unable to extract a file from the mod archive 'Discovery485'
File possibly corrupt."
Could be that you're not running FLMM as an administrator. Windows is paranoid like that.
Right click on the FLMM shortcut and choose 'Run as Administrator,' ought to fix it.

If it doesn't, it might be that your Disco is corrupt, which means re-downloading.
Have you read Cannon's guide for installing FL on Win 7?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44642

I have not even gotten as far as activating the mod, I have not gotten past unzipping it in the right place, and for some reason it only wants to let me unzip it from my downloads folder with FLMM, which I have version 1.3

edit: oh my god i left the FLMM open while 'run as admin' by accident and tried again and it worked! and two minutes after posting this edited message!
while im on the subject, does anyone know how to transfer my freelancer ID? I dont even know how to find it so it would help if someone could tell me/direct me. This is all that is left getting freelancer onto my new computer :yahoo:

You have this installed as well? Freelancer account manager

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...account+manager

You can also read Cannon's guide to find out about account Ids

Hope this helps . .

hmm i thought there was a quick way without a program.

well, if I cant find out then I will just install the program on both machines. Personally ever since I stopped using my old desktop i dont want to touch it ever again, it is horridly slow with lag, its over 5 years old now and has like half the RAM as my $350 USD laptop

edit: ok i see it now, thanks!
(edited) I missed that last 'edit'. Anyway, Freelancer Account Manager is THE easy way to work with Freelancer accounts. It also doesn't need much computer resources.