Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bundschuh RP questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I have a Bundschuh character (Herr Ripplinger, if you've come across him). I'm wondering just what I can do with this character and stay within reasonable RP. I currently have the best ship and some of the best weapons available at Bundschuh bases, but they really suck compared to most (Stilleto w/ Luger Type D cannons). What can I get away with as far as ships and equipment?

Just for reference, my character is a true Bundschuh, not just a pirate. He wants to empower the downtrodden people of Rhineland, yada, yada, yada. He also wants the Bundschuh to become a more formidable organization. Would a capitol ship be out of the question? If not, then from which factions. If so, then if a formal faction legitimize this?

Thanks for your input!
Well as I said in game, I would say that a Cap ship is probably out of the question seeing as the Bundschuh are a very poor and tiny organization, unless you can manage to work up a reason to as why you could acquire *maybe* a gunboat from the Hessians. Even that would be a bit of a stretch in my mind.

Other than that, as far as normal ships and weaponry I would stick to whatever you can get on Hessian and Bundschuh bases, with maybe a couple weapons you looted off of an enemy ship.

I'm not sure on Nomads, though I would say they are probably OK. Same would go for codies.
I imagine the Hessians would let you buy a fighter from one of their bases. Failing that, the Loki - a light fighter that's quite superior to the Stiletto - is available at a Bundschuh base.

As for caps....I dunno. Bundschuh are, as I recall, supposed to be a small faction. Come up with the RP behind it, and I could see a lightly-armed gunboat, but that'd probably be the upper limit.

Personally, I'd go with the Loki; an excellent fighter, and thought its design is Hessian it's available at a Bundschuh base.
Fighter class would be prefferred, as for a big toy, slightly more than just a decent RP would be needed.
First, the Sabre is sold on Bielefeld in our wonderfully bland Bundschuh guard system. Its the upgraded form of Stiletto, and fits the ship line that the Bundschuh use. I think it'd be better to use that than a Red Hessien fighter. Plus the Loki is a level 9 LF, the Sabre is a VHF.

In terms of capships, I'd say take it easy on them. Though we aren't poor like some have said, we ARE small. I had my Wraith Bundschuh alive for just under 2 years before even thinking about getting a capship. I have finally gotten one from our allies the Red Hessiens (Red Hessien Cruiser from Vogtland) paid for with money gotten from pirating people inside Rheinland, and Rheinland shipping companies. I pirate random people only inside Rheinland (excluding New Berlin) and go after Republican Shipping, Kruger, and Daumann in Sigmas, Omegas, and all the Rheinland systems (including New Berlin). The reasons you can do this and not really be a 'pirate,' but remain a political 'terrorist' is because your only taking out shipping that is aiding Rheinland, and shipping companies from Rheinland. Especially Republican Shipping which backstabbed us when we threw down the last corrupt government and helped them make a new one. (Rumors/News)

Basically, don't use a capship, use a Sabre, Scimitar, or Loki. At least until your a Bundschuh for a bit longer. Trust me, a Sabre isn't that weak. I can down any trader that passes my way, and can still fight off the RM unless they mob me in numbers, or bring a capship against me.
Yes I would go for a Saber.
I humbly suggest Loki.
You'd have to fly a long way to get it, but the border worlds bomber would be fair game in my opinion... especially if your purpose is to fight the military instead of pirating. It's sold by junkers, who we know supply the Bunds, and it belongs to the line of ships they already fly.

As for guns, you can loot lousy nomads off The Wild who are quite possibly our new enemy numero uno. In the end I think people fly Bund cause they're the game's most principled "bad guys", not cause they have a chance of winning:)

CP
Thanks for the input. I actually have the Sabre, not the Stiletto. I got them mixed up there. I suppose I still need the better shields and armor upgrades to make it strong enough. The Bundschuh bases only sell up to lvl 9 weapons, though. And the Luger line of energy cannons do eat up a whole lot of energy. Maybe I'll see what the Hessians, Unioners, and/or Junkers have to offer. While I'm at it I'll take a look at that borderworlds bomber. For now I'll focus on the Sabre, as many have suggested. If any of you are actively playing Bundschuh characters, PM me and maybe we can collaborate. I guess that could go for RH and Unioner players, too.
The Luger is quite the best Rheinland gun and does fit with the Debbie in velocity. The Hessian Natterturn laser guns are weak and the Unioner Protector neutron gun has a slow velocity.
Additional it seems we have a lot of modelers are working on BW and Hacker fighters. Maybe one of them will spend his model for Bundschuh.

Respectful
AoM

Pages: 1 2