Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Disaster Events Development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since people seem to like the idea of having in-RP disaster events within the game to promote RP and boost trading in certain areas, let's see if we can make it take off somewhat. We had Unseelie showing that is is rather quick to do if we split the work into small jobs, so lets see if his theory can be practical.

The main issue is developing the changes to the commodities file, personally I don't know how to alter them but could with some practice, I just gotta learn what number changes what in-game.

So, is it possible for us to get volunteers in order to see if we can develop and demonstrate the changes? Hopefully we can make this an addition to the mod in general to add some diversity and give more things for people to do.

I suppose we'll also need infocard and news item coders for some in-game news reports so traders can find out where resources are needed.

Need
  • People with knowledge of marketcommodities.ini coding
  • People with knowledge of news report coding
  • A developer of the mod to give approval of project
  • Testers
  • Some of your time
  • Willing people to teach how to code things that need coding to spread out work easier
Your reward? Helping the community and giving more RP fun and diversity!

Any volunteers or teachers?
I just have to point out, only admins can touch the server files.
' Wrote:I just have to point out, only admins can touch the server files.
True, I know this. However, if we can prove that this idea is feasible and submit it for approval, maybe it can become part of the mod where there is little work for them to do other than updating the file via autoupdate.
Simply put if you want this to suceed you'll need any submission to have no work for the Admins involved aside from putting it into the autoupdate.
Anything overpowered pretty much kills the entire idea so be careful.

Do the work, have a package ready, then it's something to consider.
Very true Linkus, admins are the people we'll need to butter up for approval and test out any changes and include a list of what has changed and why.

We'll try to keep the admin side work to a minimum should a package be built, we've got to get off the ground first of all.

It would be nice if we can get an overall yay or nay from the admins that if we do submit something, it shall be considered rather than rejected outright.

Admins, may we submit work on this in the future that if it works, it can be implemented?
Ah cool idea Fletcher.

I'm all for it. I don't know much about coding.. But I'll help in any way i can if ya need me man.
Good to know, we'd need to find ways to get people trading and RP'ing in areas hopefully outside of Liberty. Since I don't trade all that much, hopefully you'll have a bit more of an ear of some good ideas where to have a little accident for people to capitalize on.
' Wrote:Good to know, we'd need to find ways to get people trading and RP'ing in areas hopefully outside of Liberty. Since I don't trade all that much, hopefully you'll have a bit more of an ear of some good ideas where to have a little accident for people to capitalize on.
I already have a couple ideas in mind.:)
I'll help as well, I don't know anything about the coding, but i'm willing to learn.
if you need someone to help write walls of text, let me know.
Pages: 1 2