Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: If you missed it, it only happens once every 54 years.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Way back in 1977-78, during an event held in Huntsville Alabama, a young boy snuck past a wall of State Troopers, and planted himself in front of College Football Legend Paul "Bear" Bryant.

The man towered over the small child, almost tripping over him. The Bear stopped and looked down to see a small hand and an even smaller voice almost paralized by moment.

"Mr Bear " said the young boy trembling in his shoes and struggling to make a sentence "I think you are the greatest.... and I just wanted to shake your hand"

Coach Bryant, thrust out, what seemed to the boy to be the biggest hand he ever seen in his life, "Why thank ya son...Thank ya very much" and clasp the boys hand in his and shook it. "Son, you run along now, and go find ya Moma, shes probably worried about ya." He gave the boy a pat on the head and walked off.

I must have stood motionless for a minute or two, just looking at my hand. It was like I had been Baptized by the Pope, but instead of it being the Catholic church, It was the Church of Alabama College Football. Before I knew it, I had people lining up to shake my hand, just because I had just shook his.

Now I know, that college football to a lot of you out there has no meaning at all, and I respect that. But to those of us that have touched greatness, what happened on Monday night can only be described as nothing short of a Tragedy.

Our most hated, most vile, most despised and cursed at enemy had become The National College Football Champion. I can't count how many bar fight i had been in, just because someone yelled out "WAR EAGLE" and someone else replied "ROLL TIDE ROLL", and it was on wild wild west style.

It has been three days, and I still cannot believe it. The Auburn Tigers are champions. It leaves a taste in my mouth that makes me want to go outside and eat some dirt. I want to go hunt down the referees demand they change the rules on when and how a play should be called dead or not.

No, Dryer was not down, but the whole stadium and all of the players on the field thought he was. The referees gave no (and are not obligated to) indication that the ball was still in play. It was the Auburn bench jumping up and down yelling that got Dryer running again for another 30 yards, to put them within field goal range with no time on the clock and the score tied.

There is only one positive thing out of all of this that I can think of. Both the Title and the Heisman Trophy stay in Alabama for one more year. (BAMA won them both last year)....

...Oh yea...there is one more good thing. It will be another 54 years and a cold day in Hell before Auburn wins again, and I'm sure Ill be dead by then and be spared of having to suffer this pain, twice in one lifetime.

oZoneRanger

Roll Tide Roll
All, jokes and fun aside...Congrats to any Auburn die hards out there in disco land, it was about time you guys won one. I was hoping not to have to live to see it but...Congrats anyway, it was a good game and Auburn deserved the win

[Image: arizona-state-university-basketball-m-20...0032md.jpg]

ASU all the way!
Yes well as it happens I saw the game by chance. I don't even know the rules of the game and I thought the duck team would win too. Oh well turns out I lost that bet to my brother:(

(Also use [/size] for your last set of brackets there ;))
"go Auburn" I say to you good sir

On a more serious note, I prefer UTK, my homestate FTW (even though they never really make it anywhere)
' Wrote:"go Auburn" I say to you good sir

On a more serious note, I prefer UTK, my homestate FTW (even though they never really make it anywhere)

ROLL TIDE ROLL..don't make me come find you dude...:lol:
Not much into College football myself. But the area that I live in goes a bit wild during this time. there are several teams fairly close by.

NC State , UNC, Wake Forest, etc.