Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules clarification / Cryer in Rheinland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I have been flying through rheinland, carrying supplies from cryer facilities in the sigmas to bretonia. I have done this for a while, and met a lot of [RM] and other official lawful factions with no problems. today i met an RFP guy who told me to drop the cargo or die - I explained to him that Cryer ID's are allowed to carry this cargo through Rheinland space as long as it is for medicinal purposes:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=32168

(Laws of Sirius, Rheinland Laws, Rule #2)

I even went on to add, that I never dock on any base in Rheinland space, I just rush through treating my cargo as a dangerous one. He then went on to say he didnt care because Cryer is a Liberty company, and he can destruct such companies (Cryer is not mentioned in the article, as far as I can see) according to the Rheinland Independent Rules and Procedures:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35987

He didn't really care that Cryer deliver vital medicinal products for all the Houses in Sirius, including Rheinland. And then he started gunning. Anyways, what to do in a situation like this? One set of laws, confirming that Cryer operate legally within Rheinland space, and another set of laws, that can be used to destruct Cryer vessels in Rheinland? Which rule supercedes the other? I play my character is a strictly lawful, decent corporate transport pilot, so it bothers me, and some clarification would be nice.
If that was RFP| pilot, please give me his name. And preferably screens.

Otherwise I don't think I can do much, unfortunately - so far I heard admins don't allow factions to order indies at all.

On another hand, that person may think he was right, because Cryer is Liberty-affiliated corporation at the present (Cryer| is looking forward to changing said status).
Hi. Well I think we both thought we were right which lead to this unfortunate situation. I can pm you screenshots of us discussing which rule we should go by.
Although Cryer is unofficially classified as Sirius wide, Liberty based. Its official status is still Libery affiliated and regardless of house rules, since some people don't read them, some Rheinlanders will always behave in a hostile manner towards Liberty corporations eventhough they bring vital supplies.

Hell, I even got told off by RM once for having Liberty weapons on my Cryer| Karasu.

You can't argue about this in terms of rules, since Liberty and Rheinland had been at war for so long people develop natural hatred towards each other no matter what the laws say.

Yours, a Cryer| executive.
Yeah, PM me screens.

Cabulb has some logic on this point too, so preferably avoid Rheinland on your Cryer.;)
True, and I can understand that, but I even fly a Bretonian vessel, I am based in Cambridge and I merely pass through Rheinland with no stop-overs. I just want to know what rule to actually go by, so I know what my situation is in the future when I meet RFP| or other lawful Rheinland factions.
' Wrote:Yeah, PM me screens.

Cabulb has some logic on this point too, so preferably avoid Rheinland on your Cryer.;)

Bad idea unless he can struck a deal with the corsairs and hessians to go through their space.
Synth Marijuhana is illegal in Kusari unless you are a Hogosha and let's don't even talk about how the outcasts might think about it.
More possible routes aren't coming to my mind.
You should also remember that some Rhienland characters may hold an inRP grudge against anything Libertonian, and deliberately stretch the laws to harass what they see as a personal enemy.

You just gave me a good idea:D
If he violated Rheinland law, let the [RM] know about it.
Pages: 1 2