Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 3ds Max rendering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 2 hours of tutorials and trial and error, I finally managed to import a Sabre model into 3ds Max 2010. With some more time spent on camera and lights, I clicked render and saved the output as a png.

[Image: awdisz.jpg]

But what the hell are those triangles doing on my pretty ship? D:<
those triangles are hardpoints, Basically.

Remove them (delete them) - and then optimize your render options. Also, Create>Lights> Skylight -- Cast shadows will show more details on the mesh. However, sometimes is not good for sigs - depends on the color and resolution.
yep, basically as luis said, they're hardpoints. you prolly have them from importing the CMP via a newer version of the CMP importer for milkshape, then porting the model over to 3ds max (since my version of CMP importer doesnt import the hardpoints as well, prolly cuz i disabled the option for mine)

also, your lights are more bright than they need to be, causing the model's faces to be either too bright that you cant make out the details of the textures, or too bright that you again, cant make out the details of the textures.

try something more generic, perhaps a simple omni light with an inverse projection and shadows enabled.

Thanks for the tips, here's what I got.
[Image: vi1jle.jpg]
Since I'm a total noob to the whole 3D model rendering, I have no idea how to adjust the light settings in 3ds Max. Some help here please.:)
All is good... but this is not a sabre, it's a stiletto:P
what lighting are you using exactly?

its still too bright. perhaps if you use a target spotlight with default settings only (just one of them, add more than 2 and the brightness stacks, resulting in a white/black image, which is ****e) at first and move onward from there.
[Image: ehx05z.jpg]

I really like the 3ds Max shadow utility, realistic stuff. I used a target spotlight with this, there're so many options...