Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! Echo 7-7 here.
I'm from Australia. I am a studying engineering at university.

I used to play FL many years ago, when I first got the game from a friend. I played SP most of the time, and dabbled on some of the larger servers, including Discovery, back when when it was cool to cruise around in an anubis with nomad guns, all helpfully available a few jumps from alaska. I also spent several months on Monkey Universe, and another server I can't remember, until forum wars forced the clan I was with to shift server/disband.

Anyway, I dug out the game last year, to see if the community was still there. Lancer's Reactor was gone, but after a little bit of looking, I found you guys again, a testament to the strength and commitment of the players.
Unfortunately for me, I had norton 360 installed as my AV, and so was having a billion difficulties back online. Now that I'm using avast, no more problems.

Having played Disco' in open SP, I know a bit about the new systems and factions, so I'm not a total newb. However, living in Aus, I often find myself gaming when a fair bit of the rest of the world is asleep, so I have more practice in fighting NPC's than other players. I'll be glad to help out in a fight if you need the guns, just don't expect me to take out the Death Star while I'm at it:P

Anyway... see you in space.

*edit: could a moderator please delete this, I seemed to have posted twice.
welcome to the disco!
Welcome.

Join BAF!

' Wrote:Welcome.

Join BAF!

Nice advertising method Dieter:D

Welcome to Discovery. Don't feed the trolls, watch out for flames. Have an extinguisher with you at all times.
And don't worry about your location, there's a few players from Australia around here as well.
[Image: feedme.jpg]

Welcome by the way.
Hey there welcome to Discovery RP, here are a few links that should help you out:

-Discovery Role-Play 24/7 Rules

-Tutorials and Support Sub-Forum

-Full List of Server Commands

-List of Server Rules

-Forum Rules

-Technology Chart

-Discovery Mod Wikipedia

-You can also relay on these people to help you out or if you have questions. That would be all from me, good luck, have fun and see you ingame.
Thanks for the offer, Dieter, but Ageira got to me first, I think I'll apply to join them. No hard feelings; I used to fly with the Bretonian military, shooting up those damn Corsairs...

Chet, thanks for those links.

KoЯny: how could one not feed that cute animal?

Thanks for the welcome guys!
' Wrote:Thanks for the offer, Dieter, but Ageira got to me first, I think I'll apply to join them. No hard feelings; I used to fly with the Bretonian military, shooting up those damn Corsairs...

Hey, if Corsairs give you any trouble you can still shoot them up.;)

I don't forsee any relations with them in the future, so that's cool.

Indies ftw! Oh yeah, and welcome;)
So, Australia heh. Let's see how you can cope with the lagnom syndrom without banging your head against the wall of your bedroom.
Pages: 1 2