Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! Echo 7-7 here.
I'm from Australia. I am a studying engineering at university.

I used to play FL many years ago, when I first got the game from a friend. I played SP most of the time, and dabbled on some of the larger servers, including Discovery, back when when it was cool to cruise around in an anubis with nomad guns, all helpfully available a few jumps from alaska. I also spent several months on Monkey Universe trying to start a bretonian naval clan, which didn't work out, and another server I can't remember, until forum wars forced the clan I was with to shift server/disband.

Anyway, I dug out the game last year, to see if the community was still there. Lancer's Reactor was gone, but after a little bit of looking, I found you guys again, a testament to the strength and commitment of the players.
Unfortunately for me, I had norton 360 installed as my AV, and so was having a billion difficulties back online. Now that I'm using avast, no more problems.

Having played Disco' in open SP, I know a bit about the new systems and factions, so I'm not a total newb. However, living in Aus, I often find myself gaming when a fair bit of the rest of the world is asleep, so I have more practice in fighting NPC's than other players. I'll be glad to help out in a fight if you need the guns, just don't expect me to take out the Death Star while I'm at it:P

Anyway... see you in space.

edit:
could someone please tell me exactly what the /restart <faction> command will equip me with, as mentioned on this page?
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51450
Dunno exactly, but it's a CSV with the best weapons it can use for that area... I think.

Anyway, welcome, join Ageira if you wanna be awesome. (sun)
yo
Hello and welcome to Discovery!

There are a few Aussies in the players base around here. I myself am a kiwi (hail ANZLAG!).

/restarts equip you with a CSV, 2 class 8 guns, 1 class 4 turret, bots bats and a countermeasure dropper.
way to go man. forst post and already a +1. welcome to the madhouse (again?)

and the restarts there are no faction restarts, just house ones(and a few bonus ones), as far as i know

/restart liberty
/restart bretonia
/restart kusari
/restart rheinland
/restart galia
these set your reputations in a way that you can dock any house-based faction's stations, and nadjust reps for other houses. for example liberty is at war with rheinland, so if you restart liberty, you will be able to dock rogues / hackers / lpi / dse / xeno / etc bases but you will be hostile to most rheinland groups

hispanian ones are obvious:

/restart corsairs
/restart outcasts

and then there is a general mining one, if you like to murder chunks of space dust

/restart miner

i think that's all, even though im not sure.

and yeah most of the house restarts get you a csv, which is a semi-decent ship to make a few missions before you actually buy a ship you want, unlike a starflier. miner restarts gives you a mining fighter
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Baka, I may take you up on that offer. I was considering joining a corporation for some casual play.

Marshal I know exactly what you mean, heh.

Viko, thanks for the details. Also, what is a +1?
He's refering to your double post.
It gave you extra post count.:P

Ageria... Casual?!? Why I outta-- Yeah okay.
Join ASF plox, we need more people ready to scramble when I decide to pull dead liners out of the Negra.
' Wrote:Viko, thanks for the details. Also, what is a +1?

'le sigh'

it means you increase your post count so you can be big and strong like some here. because post count means you are wise and experienced :cool:

and yeah. join a trading faction. they should show you the ropes and some good routes.

pick here:

http://discogc.game-host.org/stats/activ...mmary.html

newbies usually boost activity a bit, so pick from the mid-lower end. not the dead ones, either.
Hey there welcome to Discovery RP, here are a few links that should help you out:

-Discovery Role-Play 24/7 Rules

-Tutorials and Support Sub-Forum

-Full List of Server Commands

-List of Server Rules

-Forum Rules

-Technology Chart

-Discovery Mod Wikipedia

-You can also relay on these people to help you out or if you have questions. That would be all from me, good luck, have fun and see you ingame.
It's good to see a quality player back. Welcome bro.

As far as getting used to things, if you have any questions just type what you need into the search bar here and your bound to find what you need.

See you out there.
Pages: 1 2