Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DC'ing frequently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.

Up until this week end I have very little problem in playing freelancer.
This weekend is different it seems. I log in, start playing then after about 5 to 10 minutes I get dc'd.
The red-lag symbol pops up on my computer then I get dc'd. So this morning I hopped on to see if the status has changed and yep three times in a row I dc'd.

I am not sure why but if anyone has any idea's it would be helpful.

Thanks
Sounds to me you're getting kicked for high lag because something stresses your connection. If it's a shared connection I'd suspect someone is downloading. If not it might be that your connection intermittently fails or drops to a snails pace, which suggests interference on your line.

None of these things can be sorted by us though.
Thanks.

I'm thinkin the same thing. I was on today but there was no dcing on my part. I am going to have to check in with my internet service provider to see if there is problems on that end.

Thanks again for the help.

Corsair
The data center has been doing maintenance on their backbone for the last few days. I expect that this is the cause. I will monitor the situation.
' Wrote:The data center has been doing maintenance on their backbone for the last few days. I expect that this is the cause. I will monitor the situation.

Thank you mighty one.
*Bows*