Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. Bought freelancer a few years ago (most beautiful game I've ever played), decided to try online play, rather than play the OC a third time. As a good Sirius citizen, I've already skimmed the rules. A few questions, though.

1. It's required to have a proper roleplaying (or real) name. Makes sense, but can you still give yourself a nickname or code name if typed as follows:
Real "Nickname" Name
Real Name [codename]

2. It isn't mentioned, so I assumed it's not legal, but can a citizen (lvl 0 - 30) take bounty missions from a local NPC (eg: liberty police).
Well your name can be the name of your ship. Or your character, it's up to you. Numbers and symbols are permitted, just make sure you don't use alot.
NPC missions are fine for anyone to take.
I would suggest trading as a start, you set yourself up forever that way.

Oh and in before Chet
Welcome to the Disco.

1. you can have anything you like as a name, but not heavy on the symbols, and generally, make it easy to type out so peeps can message you. avoid rude words.

2. yes, you can take missions from the bar.
bounty-board is a section of the forum (look below for a link), and there are rules concerning the collection: basically you need to register on the board as a bounty collector, and also tell them that you are collecting a bounty PRIOR to pewpew.

however, its wayyyyy easier to trade, cos missions are generally just for increasing rep. suggest you get a rhino, and go around the bases, buying where the little square is green (right panel - commodity dealer), and selling when the circle is green (left panel - your cargo hold)

look below for the link to trading routes V.V
Welcome to you !

This server is cool you will like it i think;)