Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kusari Destroyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And once more I come before the mighty discovery community with a simple question:

Is the Kusari Destroyer any good? Or is it a useless piece of junk?

After reading through some of those "what ship should I get" threads, I noticed that the Kusari Dessie was mentioned in almost all of 'em.
Well, I thought I'd give it a try, but before I spend several hours powermining, I'd like to know whether it can actually PvP effectively (in the current situation in Sirius, RP will prolly be easy with it).

I heard lots about it being the size of a heavy gunboat and having a similar <strike>maneu</strike> <strike>manouver</strike> agility. But when I read its stats on the wiki, I noticed that it was... weak. At least compared to its inRP direct opponent, the Bretonian Destroyer (not to mention the Obstinate, which will also be the meany soon). Its powerplant can hardly support a single Light Mortar, and the hull strength aint the best either.

So, what do you think? Should I get it or not?

Thanks in advance.
It is best gunboat in whole discovery really.
In a Kusari destroyer, any Bretonian destroyer worth it's weight will destroy you one on one. That being said, the Kusari destroyer is probably the best destroyer in the game by virtue of being smaller than the Bretonian Gunboat, just don't expect any mercy from players if you fly it. Based on yesterday in Leeds, there was about 4 Kusari destroyers flying, so it is definitely numerous serverside, all of these destroyers were however completely ganked by swarms of fighters and bombers, essentially the more powerful the ship you fly the less mercy you'll get from other players. Though meh, players are likely to gank even underpowered ships so that point is probably moot.
It can beat pretty much any other ship in the game in a 1v1 fight, with the exception of BSs of course. It is extremely powerful when flown right, it's just that in Leeds, or wherever you wish to use it, but especially in Leeds, you will often be involved in fights that are unfair, or involve lots of small ships (half a dozen Templars can kill a KuDessie in seconds).

So yes, it is VERY good when it comes to PvP, it's just that it's advantage is, like all others, nullified by overwhelming opponents, which are the norm in Leeds.

Edit: Ehh... With regards to the post above, the average KuDessie pilot will get beaten by a Bret Dessie, it takes quite a lot of practice to get the tactics that are needed to realise it's full potential honed to a great extent. This means that if you don't have much experience in caps, take it to Conn for a while and get used to flying it, if you want to use it as a PvP ship, as you can't rely on it's stats and renown as an absolute beast of a combat ship to win you battles.
' Wrote:In a Kusari destroyer, any Bretonian destroyer worth it's weight will destroy you one on one. That being said, the Kusari destroyer is probably the best destroyer in the game by virtue of being smaller than the Bretonian Gunboat, just don't expect any mercy from players if you fly it. Based on yesterday in Leeds, there was about 4 Kusari destroyers flying, so it is definitely numerous serverside, all of these destroyers were however completely ganked by swarms of fighters and bombers, essentially the more powerful the ship you fly the less mercy you'll get from other players. Though meh, players are likely to gank even underpowered ships so that point is probably moot.

Yesterday in Leeds the 3 Kusari Destroyer ownd the hell out of you Fleet. We killed about 4 Destroyers 3 of 4 Bs BUT we got ganked to hell with a Fighter swarm.
So in Cap VS Cap the KU Dessie is pretty nice but against snubs you get shoot to pieces.

Best regards
Commander Takeru
[KNF-IG]IKN-Kirishima
Great to see that y'all responded so quickly. Yeah, I guess I'll be practicing in Conn alot, but hey, I'm just generally no great pilot, so I guess I will be RPing things out alot.
The Dessie is seriously smaller than the Bret Gunboat? Wow. Just wow. So, it's best against Destroyers/Cruisers, if I got that right. How about gunboats?
If you know how to use the guns a gb has no chance.
Uh, it's actually fairly incredible against snubs as well if you can aim those Kusari turrets. They're awesome. It can also kite a BS very easily. As long as you have a CDer, a Kusari Dessie with a rear-facing LM and a rear-facing pulse will beat a BS every time.

And yeah, they eat GBs.
I have one of these on the DUSA Server.
It really is quite a fun ship to fly.

I'm not exactly an expert with it, but I almost downed 1v1 a Bretonian Destroyer with mine, so I guess I'm about average-ish.

The ship is much more on the Strategic side than other cruisers, with its small size and powercore aimed at taking advantage of it's agility to survive long fights.
Pages: 1 2